Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Carl Erbe | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 24 2014 6:28 PM

This past Sunday I was running slides for a guest speaker and pulled up the verses as he read them. the problem was that the translation he was reading from was NIV while the OSB quick slide was using the ASV. I tried to insert OSB slides in other translations, but each time the OSB quick slide kept using ASV. I could not find any way to access

How can I set the default translation for the OSB quick slide to something other than ASV? Also, is there a way to choose the translation for the OSB quick slide on the fly (if translation is available on our account), like typing in "Romans 6:23 NKJV" or "NLT John 14:7"? (I should have thought to try this but the idea came to me later in the afternoon.)

Just about everything else with the OSB worked as expected but the difference in the two translations made it difficult to follow. 

Thank you for your time and God bless,

-Carl

Posts 26060
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 11:03 PM

Hi Carl - and welcome to the forums

Carl Erbe:
How can I set the default translation for the OSB quick slide to something other than ASV

You can set the version using the list of translations above the text input box - in the example shown below NIV is selected and shown in yellow.

This selection persists when adding new OSB items.

Carl Erbe:
I tried to insert OSB slides in other translations, but each time the OSB quick slide kept using ASV. I could not find any way to access

OSB items are filled in by accessing Biblia.com which requires a working Internet connection. Did you have any Internet issues when trying to add these OSB items?

Graham 

Posts 3
Carl Erbe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 12:03 AM

Just to be clear, The inserted OSB slides were working just fine and I was getting the passages in the translations I had chosen each time. The problem is not the OSB slide inserted into the presentation but the OSB quick slide (highlighted below). Every time I use that OSB quick slide, regardless of what the previous translation used by the OSB slides, it would always use the ASV. 

OSB Quick slide

In other words, Whenever I use the OSB quick slide (Highlighted above), it uses the ASV. Is there a way that I can choose another default for the OSB quick slide? For example, If I know the Pastor favors quoting from the NIV, how do I set the OSB quick slide to use NIV? If I can't change the default, how do I select which translation the OSB quick slide uses instead or is the OSB quick slide strictly ASV at this point?

Posts 26060
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 12:41 AM

Hi Carl

Sorry I had missed the detail about using Quick slideEmbarrassed

When I use it the version seems to default to my highest prioritised Bible in Logos 5.

Do you have Logos 5? If so which is your highest prioritised Bible?

If you don't have Logos 5 you can set this in the Library panel at biblia.com

Graham

Posts 3
Carl Erbe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 1:36 AM

Thank you very much. 

I am also sorry if my emphasis was too much. I just wanted to avoid any further misunderstandings and tried to be 115% clear about what I was talking about. 

I will look into that the first chance I get. Once I do, I will let everyone here know how it worked.

Posts 168
Lucas Herlitz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 19 2014 8:31 AM

There needs to be an option for switching the translation for this Quick Slide option.  When we have guest speakers and I don't know what version they are going to use, I want to be able to to switch on the fly, thus really making it quick.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 19 2014 8:41 AM

By default we use the last used Bible version. I can see how this doesn't work in your scenario. I think we could support this similar to how we support specifying a custom version in an embedded Bible reference by appending the version text.

If you entered 'John 3:16' you'd get your last used Bible version

if you entered 'John 3:16 (KJV)' you'd get the KJV Bible version

Posts 168
Lucas Herlitz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 7 2014 8:16 AM

Is that fix working now?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 7 2014 8:17 AM

Lucas Herlitz:

Is that fix working now?

This hasn't been implemented yet. We'll try to get it in the next major version, shipping after the holidays.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 17 2015 4:06 PM

This functionality has been added in the latest release. All you have to do is type the translation in parentheses after the reference i.e. Gen 1:1 (ESV).

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS