New presentation backup/restore feature

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 25 2014 10:33 PM

Proclaim users have been asking for the ability to move presentations around using a thumb drive for a long time and with the latest update it's finally possible.

Use the option in the New Presentation menu to backup the currently open presentation. 

This generates a single .prs file which contains all your presentation data and the media required for both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. When you want to restore from a backup use the New Presentation menu option shown below.

Restoring a backup creates a new copy of the backed up presentation. This presentation will be synced as a separate presentation from the original.

Using the built-in sync framework to move presentations around and collaborate with your team is still the preferred approach but we hope these backups will provide peace of mind and be helpful for those dealing with spotty or non-existent internet connections in some locations.

As always, let us know what you think! 

Posts 14
Chapel AV | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 1 2014 11:47 AM

Fantastic.  This was a pretty big concern for us and it's good to see that it has been addressed.

Keith

Posts 44
Joni lum | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 4 2014 4:30 PM

If I do this, does this mean it wont matter if we have internet issues?  cloud slowness etc.? Wondering if I backup/restore, will that mean I can always run even if my internet is slow? or having issues?

Posts 5978
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 5 2014 12:01 AM

Joni

As I understand it 'back up / restore won't help with signals or remote controls that rely on an internet connection when the internet is down.

If your presentation is fully synced with Logos before the start of the service then you will not need back up / restore even if you have no internet at all.

The only time it will be useful is if you have a machine that has Proclaim installed but has been unable to sync in advance of the service and you have another machine that has.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS