Update Resources

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Richard Gliddon | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 2 2010 3:14 PM

I notice in the release notes for A9 that there is a statement that says 'type update resources in the command bar".

Is the command bar the one at the top near the magnifying glass, or the one under the LOGOS symbol? I have tried both of these and all it does is a search for the statement 'update resources". If I select the one that says 'update resources', it still only does a search for the statement.

Is there a command bar I don't know about?

Is it doing something I don't know about?

There appears to be a lot of assuming by the ones who are providing information.

Posts 343
Jason Saling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 3:32 PM

I've been wondering the same!  Got same results

Jason Saling

Posts 88
Rus Howard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:39 PM

Richard and Jason,

You were almost there.  After you type "update resources" wait for the drop down box to appear, then click on the words "update resources" (with no words proceeding it, usually the 4th option in the drop down list.  This will work for you.

It would be helpful if the developers would edit the scripts for commands to begin with "Command:... (then the command, in this case,  Update Resources"

Being part of the "Alpha Team" guinea pigs brings these frustrations and the accompanying joys of figuring stuff out.  As a non-techie person, it has been a worthwhile adventure for me.

Rus Howard

Rus Howard

Posts 343
Jason Saling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 6:42 PM

OK, that worked, and it did around 1.67GB of downloads and now indexing for a long time.  Did I actually get current resources and/or new resources (that weren't yet compatible before), or am I redoing something my computer already did via the automatic updates when I launch Logos 4 Mac Alpha? (thereby wasting time of downloads/indexing).

Jason Saling

Posts 10890
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 2:35 AM

Rus Howard:
It would be helpful if the developers would edit the scripts for commands to begin with "Command:... (then the command, in this case,  Update Resources"

If you have access to the Windows version, you can see what the Mac version will be like when fully operational. I typed "Update" in the Command field, and I have three groups of options in the drop down list: Tools, Resources (to open), and Search. This is just one of those interface elements that have not yet been programmed in the Mac version.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS