Turabian in Logos 5

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 11
Stephen Brooks | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 26 2014 2:50 PM

When will there be an update in the Turabian citation feature of Logos 5? I am a new Portfolio owner and need this feature for Academic and Pastoral research. The current edition of Turabian in Logos 5 is Edition 1 (as I was told by Support). However, Turbian is currently at Edition 8. Please help.

Posts 23
G. Jorge Medina | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 2:53 PM

A very important question indeed. No one wants to fix a Bibliography manually every time.

Posts 28374
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 3:06 PM

Stephen Brooks:
The current edition of Turabian in Logos 5 is Edition 1 (as I was told by Support).

Have you actually checked to see if there were any differences? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 11
Stephen Brooks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 3:20 PM

Yes. There are definite differences. There has been some differences with the formation of the citations. 

Posts 11
Stephen Brooks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 3:20 PM

That is so true. Having to do it manually takes a lot of precious time.

Posts 28374
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 3:35 PM

Stephen Brooks:

Yes. There are definite differences. There has been some differences with the formation of the citations. 

Can you provide side by side examples?

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 4:14 PM

Turabian 8 support will be included in 5.2b which is currently in beta. The current version of Turabian shipping is version 7.

The open-source history of all of the styles we ship is available on github under the citation styles repository. Periodically, we update the versions we ship in the app to make sure they are up to date.

The history of the Zotereo Turabian style in question is available here: https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/commits/master/turabian-fullnote-bibliography.csl

As of today, there are three commits between the version shipping in 5.2a and the version that will be shipping in 5.2b. 5.2a shipped with the version from Sept 7, 2013 and 5.2b will ship with the latest version that we have available at that time.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 4:30 PM

Tom Philpot (Logos):
The open-source history of all of the styles we ship is available on github under the citation styles repository.

I should qualify this by saying we have an internal repository that tracks these changes by taking periodic snapshots. We don't have any kind of automatic sync or mirror of public github repo.

We do merge in the changes from the github repo whenever we refresh our copies of the citation styles in updated versions of the software.

Posts 2585
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 4:37 PM

"Turabian style". That term evokes nightmares! Indifferent

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 4:43 PM

One of the reasons I've been working on the citation styles as a developer is because I remember how hard they were to work with when I was in seminary :).

Posts 1882
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 5:34 PM

I need this as well. 

/sigh. 

Posts 30
178294z | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 7:00 PM
I second this request!
Posts 28374
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 8:15 PM

178294z:
I second this request!

Did you even read the thread? Tom said that the current version is 7, and will be switching to 8 when 5.2b goes to stable. 

Posts 1882
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 30 2014 11:40 PM

any idea when this Turabian update will ship?

need this badly.. you don't know...

Posts 28374
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 1 2014 3:41 AM

mike:

Again, this has already been answered. It will ship when the current beta goes live. If you need it today, you could consider using beta (with all the normal warnings). 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 1 2014 4:59 AM

alabama24:

mike:

Again, this has already been answered. It will ship when the current beta goes live. If you need it today, you could consider using beta (with all the normal warnings). 

Wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/The_Logos_5_Beta_Program with Information and Risks.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS