Upgrade disk of Logos 4 for mac

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Jorgegt | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:15 PM

I just paid for the Upgrade Leader's Library (ND) to Leader's Library (LE) [DVD]    5530, only to find that the order page from Logos contains links for files to be downloaded. One of these is Logos4Mac.dmg (For Mac Users) 47.46 MB.

Would someone please help me understand what this file is for, as I thought the disk would contain everything? Also why is the mac file so large compared to the windows file?

Jorge

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:24 PM

The DMG file contains the latest version of the Logos 4 Mac engine.  The reason this file is so much larger than the windows download is because the windows download is a program/script that then goes and downloads the rest of the program from the internet.  The Media Disk you orders contains all the Logos resources so that they can be installed into L4.  The disk, however, is not required.  The program is capable of pulling resources files from Logos' servers and then installing them.  The disk is useful if you have a limited amount of internet bandwidth since the resources in the base packages total gigabytes of data.

Blessings,

Michael Kares

Posts 343
Jason Saling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:25 PM

Even if you ordered the DVD, you still have the OPTION to DOWNLOAD the program.  Some people just like to "own the dvd," or they need it because they don't have a fast enough Internet connection.  Both the DVD or DOWNLOAD contains the entire program.

Jason Saling

Posts 2
Jorgegt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 9:53 PM

Thnks for the help. As a relative newcomer to Macs this sort of information would have been useful or it had been provided was not clear enough or well located. Again thank you.

Posts 92
Felipe Chamy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 5:18 AM

After downloading and installing the program from the dmg file, you´ll be asked to activate your costumer ID, and then Logos 4 Mac will download your resources automatically and will index them a soon as everything is downloaded... it will take some time.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS