Is this the intended behavior of Search vs. Find? If so, a suggestion.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33269
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 29 2014 4:06 PM

The results of a Search are all highlighted in orange and appear as orange on the scroll bar for easy previewing.

The results of a Find (in this panel) are highlighted in blue (Favorites' color on scroll bar) only for the current match and only if navigated to by the up/down arrows. They do not appear on the scroll bar.

The primary reason (but not only) for asking is that the orange highlight-->orange scroll mark is a setup for a misinterpretation of blue highlight-->blue scroll mark. Therefore, if this is the intended behavior I would make the suggestion that one of the blues be changed to another color.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 29 2014 4:59 PM

I never thought of the marks in the scroll bar as indicating anything regarding searches of finds.  I thought it was simply keeping a record of where you had been.  I'll need to check that.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 33269
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 29 2014 5:03 PM

Yes - in settings you can set it so that search results are shown but where you have been is not - very useful. However, Searches are shown in the scroll bar while Finds are not.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 29 2014 5:19 PM

MJ. Smith:
Yes - in settings you can set it so that search results are shown but where you have been is not - very useful.

Precisely, that's why I don't pay much attention to what they called "wear marks" though it does give me some idea of where I am in a book.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 29 2014 5:38 PM

You're correct that the marks do turn orange in response to a search (and may increase in number as well).  I just learned something from you.  See, I didn't know it all afterall.  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS