Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 11:31 AM

Floyd Johnson:
... but not Vyrso:

It seems to me if people want the free David C. Cook books that are not in Vyrso they would subscribe to DCC email notifications, unless they want the Logos forums cluttered with non-Logos ebooks from Amazon and other websites. Driving traffic away from Logos by linking to outside websites goes against the forum guidelines.

I am sure anyone too lazy to check DCC for freebie ebooks on their own will pipe up in defence of your posting this thread. I do not mean this to be taken personally. Maybe try using ChristianDiscourse.com to post non-Logos freebie ebooks.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2333
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 1:47 PM

Seems to me it would be greatly appreciated and would drive traffic TO Logos.  

I pick these notifications up by RSS and they are often the very thing that first drags me to Logos.  

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 1:56 PM

Gao Lu:
Seems to me it would be greatly appreciated and would drive traffic TO Logos

Under that philosophy we might as well post WalMart sales specials in these forums. It would be cash flow neutral at best.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 32493
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 2:29 PM

Super.Tramp:
Maybe try using ChristianDiscourse.com to post non-Logos freebie ebooks.

Yes

It's not a problem with just one company but others could start posting the freebies from their favorite publisher to the point it becomes a problem. I am sure that at the moment there are more people who appreciate it than are annoyed. But as a precedent it better moved to the appropriate forums.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3780
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 4:42 PM

You got it.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2718
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 10:07 PM

I wish there'd be enough cooperation between publishers and Logos to get the good stuff into print more promptly. Whether something is free doesn't matter much if you don't need it.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS