Searching for the sense of a word

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 102
Jac Colon | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 7 2014 8:14 AM

Some time ago I read about how to search for the sense of the word.  For example "commands" would return: law, statutes, decrees etc.  But I have forgotten how to do it and cannot seem to find anything in the videos or help files about it.  Is that type of search still available?  IF so, how do you do it?  Anybody know?

Thanks

jac

Jac Colón
Speaker, Director, Revelation Now

"They follow the Lamb wherever He goes (Rev 14:4)."

MacPro, 8 core, 2.26 GHz, 16gig

Posts 24689
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 7 2014 3:56 PM

Jac Colon:
Some time ago I read about how to search for the sense of the word.  For example "commands" would return: law, statutes, decrees etc

You can run a Bible Word Study on "command" and the two WORDS sections will give various lemmas translated as "command", together with their meaning (which includes commandments).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27
Pastor Tim Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 9 2014 11:31 AM

Can the Basic Sense Lexicon be purchased separately... I have Silver... not Gold? Any idea why this is left out of the functioning of the base Logos product?

Posts 9910
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 9 2014 11:58 AM

Pastor Tim Elliott:

Can the Basic Sense Lexicon be purchased separately... 

No, but it is part of the L5 Minimal Crossgrade: https://www.logos.com/product/28376/logos-5-minimal-crossgrade 

Pastor Tim Elliott:
I have Silver... not Gold? Any idea why this is left out of the functioning of the base Logos product?

Not all users are interested in all of the datasets and features, especially since they relate mostly to "more serious, scholarly" study. Logos decided to stage these somewhat (in line with the price increase of base packages) and to put all of them into Gold.  

But having already Silver, you'll pay only a minimal amount for the MC due to dynamic pricing.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 27
Pastor Tim Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 9 2014 2:53 PM

Thanks NBMick for the info... followed the link that you supplied and it says that it is for those upgrading from Logos 4. I have Logos 5. I was wondering why there is no listing of what is in the MC.

Posts 24689
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 9 2014 3:16 PM

Pastor Tim Elliott:
. followed the link that you supplied and it says that it is for those upgrading from Logos 4. I have Logos 5.

But it can still be used for the purposes stated by NBMick.

Pastor Tim Elliott:
I was wondering why there is no listing of what is in the MC.

If you scroll down you should see a complete listing at https://www.logos.com/product/28376/logos-5-minimal-crossgrade.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 102
Jac Colon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 9 2014 3:24 PM

Jeremy Thompson:

Yes.  But when I look at the MC option, it tells me that I already have it and is grayed out.  That makes sense, because I thought I had used it in the past.  But if I have it, how do I activate it?  Thanks

jac

Jac Colón

Posts 102
Jac Colon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 9 2014 4:04 PM

Jeremy Thompson:

OK.  I went back and followed the instructions more carefully and I do have the lexicon and it did work for me.  I guess that goes along with being retired.Sad

Thanks so much for all of the help.

jac

Jac Colón

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS