What happened to all the Afrikaans Resources?

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 37 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 26511
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2016 12:54 AM

Faithlife answered earilier in this thread:

Bill Nienhuis:

I'm sorry for the lengthy delay. We just completed all the licensing issues in December. Since the Afrikaans resources were produced so long ago, the tagging needs to be updated. We will begin this process this month. If you already own the resources, the updated editions will be made available automatically. If you are not already an owner, the resources will appear on prepub soon.

Welcome to the forums. Watch prepublication offerings or for resource updates depending on your current position.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 7
Riaan le Roux | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2016 3:06 AM

How long does the re-tagging take?

Is there any new developments? I am really in need of the Afrikaans Bible on Logos. I work in Afrikaans but study in English and it is such a hassle to have to look for alternative online afrikaans bibles which I can't use from within Logos.

Oh dear Logos, please hurry up Geeked YesYesYesYes

Posts 1
Deon Strydom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2016 7:01 AM

In Jan 2016 it was said that the Afrikaans resources would be in pre-pub "soon"....  It is now 9 months later and it doesn't seem as if this baby will be born.  😿

Any news?

Posts 503
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 10:03 AM

Deon Strydom:

In Jan 2016 it was said that the Afrikaans resources would be in pre-pub "soon"....  It is now 9 months later and it doesn't seem as if this baby will be born.  😿

Any news?

Also hoping for some news.

Posts 1
Louis Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 1:31 PM

Please :'(

Posts 7
Riaan le Roux | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 6:18 AM

Any news? I check Logos's website once a week looking for any new hints of an our Afrikaans Bible. Man, I wish we could get some updated feedback :(

Posts 30
Jacques | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 9:20 AM

Every time there is a post to this tread I get my hopes up that its finally here!

Posts 1
David Higgs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2016 2:00 AM

I cant wait for the Afrikaans to be available.  Thanks Logos

Posts 1
Jurie Pretorius | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2016 2:07 AM

Yep, so frustrating.... It is like waiting in line at any municipality office..... only to find out they are on lunch .... again ....

Posts 503
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2016 3:20 AM

Jurie Pretorius:

Yep, so frustrating.... It is like waiting in line at any municipality office..... only to find out they are on lunch .... again ....

Hi Jurie, ek dink slegs mense vanuit Suid-Afrika sal daardie grappie vang. Stick out tongue

Posts 7
Riaan le Roux | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2016 4:24 AM

hehe, maar ons neem aan almal wat die Afrikaanse Bybel soek sal verstaan as ons praat van munisipale dienslewering :-D

Posts 1257
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 28 2016 6:37 AM

Sarel Slabbert:

Hi Jurie, ek dink slegs mense vanuit Suid-Afrika sal daardie grappie vang. Stick out tongue

Ook buiten Zuid-Afrika komt de grap goed over. ... jammergenoeg ... :-)

Posts 7
Riaan le Roux | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 3:47 AM

Hi all,

Seeing as Logos can't give us an exact date or more detailed info, I just contacted the Bible Society of South Africa and had a chat to them. The person I spoke to, is the one in contact with the CEO of Logos and he said that he received an email this morning again (15 Nov 2016) and he that they are still working on updating the Afrikaans Bible into Logos, but that the Afrikaans Bible for the Afrikaans community is a must. So it will be happening.

The guy I spoke to says he hopes to know by Thursday, maybe, when the Afrikaans Bibles will be released. They are busy updating the tags etc for the 1983 and 1953 translation and unsure whether they will make both available or only the one or the other. However, he assures me that there is a good chance that it will appear by February 2017.

Now that I have the name of the person at the Bible Society to whom I can speak, I will follow up with him again in February and post feedback here. So stay tuned.

Regards,

Riaan

Posts 1257
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2017 5:15 AM

Now on prepub (although not visible at the moment on the Prepub-page):

Afrikaans Ou Vertaling - www.logos.com/product/135733/afrikaanse-ou-vertaling

Die Bybel, Nuwe Vertaling - www.logos.com/product/135734/die-bybel-nuwe-vertaling

Verwysingsbybel - www.logos.com/product/135737/verwysingsbybel

The Zulu Bible - www.logos.com/product/135739/zulu-bible

Bible in isiNdebele 2012 - www.logos.com/product/72592/bible-in-isindebele-2012

Tswana Bible - www.logos.com/product/135736/tswana-bible

Sesotho Bible - www.logos.com/product/135735/sesotho-bible

Xhosa Bible - www.logos.com/product/135738/xhosa-bible

Posts 7
Riaan le Roux | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2017 7:21 AM

Thank you very much!!

Placed my pre-order for the Nuwe Vertaling. Hoping it will help speed things up :)

Can't wait to be able to use it in Logos...

Posts 1
Jacobus | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 5 2017 3:38 AM

Any idea on when an Afrikaans Bible version will be available.  I prefer the 1953 version, but at this stage any Afrikaans Bible will be welcome. 

Posts 5249
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 5 2017 8:55 AM

Faithlife has a system knowing as pre-pub once they have enough pre-orders [please note no one is charge until the product is shipped], they will put it in the production queue. At that point it can be anywhere from a couple months to up to over a year to get released (The Grail Psalms (2 vols.) for example has been under development for over 2 years now (indeed I ordered back in 2013), but I would expect there is something holding it up).  As of late if enough pre orders are not made in what FL considers a reasonable amount of time the offering is removed and project is cancelled. Currently we were given a list of a couple dozen collections that are do to be purged on March 19th. See: PRE-PUB in Danger--fortress studies on passages in the gospels Thankfully  we were given a 30 day notice to try to rally support, like the one I put here we went from about 50% to almost there... will we make it I don't know, but just wanted to let you and others know that having these in the FL pre-pub system is no guarantee they will ever be released and there is a likelihood unless they are under contract in a couple years (may be less in time even), they will be removed.

-dan

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 26 2017 6:32 PM

I just noticed that they are now on the prepub list when I was browsing bibles I don't own using the search.

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Resource+Type=Bibles&unlocked=no

On a side note there are some good English translations at $10USD

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS