Logos in Yosemite

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 82
Robert Bigouette | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 11 2014 9:17 AM

Ok, I made the mistake of installing Yosemite and made drastic choices when I did that have kinda forced me to stay on it. Pray I don't do this again. But Logos is relatively behaving. Mostly. Except for in the bibles and commentaries, words like they, and them and others that don't show up.  Just gaps in the text. I can click on shows in Info window. It copies and pastes. But cannot "read" effectively.

Weird. Should I re-install logos5? Suggestion welcomed. Please, I know its beta OS, not supported, etc. I have beat myself about this. Just wondering if you folks can help me get through my time of Dumb.

Thanks!

6.1.0.0024 | Macbook Pro 10.10.3

Posts 2712
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 9:41 AM

Got to watch out for those wild critters roaming the park..

Thanks for warning, hope you don't become brunch :P

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 23018
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 9:48 AM

Robert Bigouette:

Weird. Should I re-install logos5? Suggestion welcomed. Please, I know its beta OS, not supported, etc. I have beat myself about this. Just wondering if you folks can help me get through my time of Dumb.

this is a known issue with Yosemite which Logos are aware of - see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/85429.aspx for a discussion

Posts 82
Robert Bigouette | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 10:39 AM

You are a God-send. Thanks much! I searched and read for almost 2 hours. Never came across this. Can you tell me your search method?

Thanks Graham!

Posts 82
Robert Bigouette | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 10:40 AM

Thanks Dom!

Posts 23018
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 11:00 AM

Hi Robert

For searching the forums have a look at http://wiki.logos.com/Using_the_Forum#Searching_the_forum_using_Google

Graham

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 2:37 PM

I installed Yosemite on it's own partition.  The indexing failed the first time and it is running again now on my MB Pro.  It said I ran out of space last night after getting to 96%, but, I know that is not the case, so I decided to try it again today.  It will probably run another 2 hours before it finishes.  Hope it is not a memory hog, but, it is beta software so it is probably Yosemite with the problem.

Posts 33
Josh Parsley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 3:10 PM

I'm running Yosemite and it's working smoothly for me. 

Not that that helps you that are having problems.. sorry.

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 8:14 PM

Logos 5 gets to 95% indexing, then crashes.  Bring up Logos 5 again and indexing starts all over.  This on a 2012 Macbook Pro.  Sad, I have to perform another 2 hours of indexing.  It is slower using this Beta Version, but, that is to be expected I guess. Had to uninstall Yosemite and reinstall with 100 gb of free space on a separate partition which should be more than adequate to test various software.

Posts 28476
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 8:19 PM

Rick Ross:
Had to uninstall Yosemite and reinstall with 100 gb of free space on a separate partition which should be more than adequate to test various software.

I am not having problems either. If you still have troubles, it would be good for you to enable and post logs in a new thread. Are you using stable Logos or beta? If the later, make sure you use the right forum.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 82
Joseph | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 8:56 PM

Works fine on mine with no problem. I initially had some problems with the default font settings, but after changing that, no problems. 

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 30 2014 5:21 PM

I had to uninstall, delete the partition, create a bigger partition and reinstall.  As of today with Beta 4 everything works just fine.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS