Link a purchased resource to be searchable?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
DJ Jenkins | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:05 AM

I recently purchased John Piper's collection of sermons (really excited) for all the years his ministry.

I want to use this resource so that if I search in the Passage Guide for "Romans 6:23" or something similar along with all my other commentaries and things what Piper has said in these sermons on that verse would show up.  How do I do that?  Right now I don't see any way to do this other than open up the resource individually and try to find it.

Oh, and I have Logos 4 for Mac (in Alpha of course) and the Logos 1.2.2 Mac version.  If there is a way to do it in Logos 4 for Windows I would love to know too, because eventually the Mac one will catch up (Lord willing :) )

Posts 2565
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:11 AM

DJ,

I can speak for L 4 for Windows. You would create a collection that contains these resources, then create a passage guide that includes this collection. You may be able to do this in the Mac version. I am waiting for Mac to go beta before I jump. You can also use the cited by tool to link to a reference and have this collection searched for content that contains that reference.

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:47 AM

Make a collection including all books/sermons that match author:Piper  (Do this under Tools: Collections)

Then make a custom passage guide (Guide:Make a new guide template) and include a Collection and include that new Piper collection you made.

I have done this with Piper and a number of others and find it really useful. You can also do a search for all things in certain collections that reference Romans 6:23 by searching <Rom 6.23>.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS