New Category to PrePubs

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3285
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 18 2014 6:36 PM

Please put all the new "audio" resources in a separate listing such as "PrePublication Audio" its annoying having to scroll through so many new offering.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 6:39 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:
Please put all the new "audio" resources in a separate listing

Yes  Yes.  Please do.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9529
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 8:13 PM

I agree with this suggestion but I think Logos wants to profile them more and may be concerned that they might get lost in another category.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 8:28 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I agree with this suggestion but I think Logos wants to profile them more and may be concerned that they might get lost in another category.

there is a reason bread is in the bread isle and meat is in the meat isle at the grocery store. If I had to wade through cases of Coke in order to get to the bread, I would stop shopping there.

Posts 7839
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 8:55 PM

Super.Tramp:

Whyndell Grizzard:
Please put all the new "audio" resources in a separate listing

Yes  Yes.  Please do.

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 9:54 PM

I would like to see a check box on the subscriptions page to opt out of these audio emails. Buying them direct seems to be cheaper/ easier to use and I can't see what it adds to Logos.

Posts 66
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 2:18 AM

Yes

I agree, create a new category.

Posts 2122
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 6:02 AM

The problem with NOT creating a new category is that it is much more difficult to scroll down and find new pre pubs that are actual books.  Instead we have to wade through a huge amount of audios.  I would be more incline to find a book if the audios were separated out.  And I would probably be more inclined to find an audio book with these titles separated out as well since the audios are not mixed in with other resources.

Posts 1683
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 6:39 AM

So how would you like to see Logos handle those resources that re both text and audio?

Should there be 3 categories: audio only, text only, audio+text?

Or ...

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 6:51 AM

Allen Browne:

So how would you like to see Logos handle those resources that re both text and audio?

Should there be 3 categories: audio only, text only, audio+text?

Duh, how does Amazon handle kindle books, paperbacks and audiobooks with the same title?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 7:15 AM

Why not include a filter such as those for ship date, etc, in order to show only audio resources?  That way you can have your cake and eat it too.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 7:30 AM

George Somsel:

Why not include a filter such as those for ship date, etc, in order to show only audio resources?  That way you can have your cake and eat it too.

Yes

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 7:54 AM

There already is a filter for Audiobooks.

The problem with Logos' filters is that you can filter to see only xyz, but you can't filter to see everything but xyz. We need checkboxes in front of everything in the left column, so that we can uncheck those categories we don't want to see (Spanish, Audiobooks...)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 8:09 AM

I don't see an issue.  This is a temporary influx. After this they will likely trickle in like all other resources that we wade through, ignoring those we aren't interested in to find those we want. How is this different? 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 8:36 AM

Randy W. Sims:
This is a temporary influx.

The duration of the influx is not the issue. The size of the influx is. When Vyrso was launched we did not have to suffer everything being mixed in with Logos Pre-Pubs.  

How would it look to add 300 audio books to the Pre-Pubs?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 537
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 10:27 AM

Yes Please.

Posts 7839
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 10:41 AM

fgh:

There already is a filter for Audiobooks.

That is not true, there's no such a thing as an "Audio Filter" in the product or prepub section.  Take a look:

fgh:

There already is a filter for Audiobooks.

The problem with Logos' filters is that you can filter to see only xyz, but you can't filter to see everything but xyz. We need checkboxes in front of everything in the left column, so that we can uncheck those categories we don't want to see (Spanish, Audiobooks...)

That could be an option, though I think by adding an "Audio Books" option on the drop down menu of the products page and pre-pub page would make it easier.  And yes, add a Spanish titles only too since they're mixed with the English ones on the English part of the website.  I know that's not the case in the Spanish website.  Spanish product page and prepub page only shows Spanish.

Anyway, it sure looks cluttered on the prepub section now. Confused

DAL

Posts 24231
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 10:49 AM

The filter isn't in the drop down menu, it is in the "Product Type" section on the left of the screen

Posts 7839
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 10:54 AM

Graham Criddle:

The filter isn't in the drop down menu, it is in the "Product Type" section on the left of the screen

Got it! Boy that doesn't look so easy to find and the count doesn't seem accurate either.  They should add that to the drop down menu too or find a better way; which they might, since Mr. Bob said they were working on the website somewhere in one of the recent posts.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 12:57 PM

The dropdown doesn't remove anything. It just sorts thing in the order you want.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS