SUGGESTION: Improve usefulness of Outlines section

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33251
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 22 2014 7:38 PM
  1. Finish tagging the resources that don't currently show in outlines
  2. Make more useful by adding a settings option to allow the user to customize which resource outlines are shown i.e. specify a collection
  3. Add a visual section similar to that for pericopes.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 81
Daniel R. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 12 2014 9:22 AM

M.J.

Can you please elaborate more? 

And please explain the table at the top.

Outlining is a long time hobby of mine (obsession :)), and I am always looking for more examples.

Thanks!

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 12 2014 12:54 PM

Outlines section of what? Is this part of the new Bible Books tool in Factbook?

Posts 33251
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 12 2014 1:36 PM

Rosie Perera:

Outlines section of what? Is this part of the new Bible Books tool in Factbook?

The Outlines section of the Passage Guide which has been around for a while.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 33251
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 12 2014 1:45 PM

The top section is an example of a visual outline. The concept is very simple and can be done either with boxes or brackets. Each lower level (child) is placed inside its immediate higher level (parent) so that all levels of the hierarchy are immediately visible (bands of color to the level in the bracket formate; to the left and to the right in box format).

As this post is from July, I'll have to got back to some notes to find some other examples and instructions.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS