Jonathan Edwards Yale Collection

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 63
Bryan Speer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 26 2014 5:42 PM

Can somebody explain why this pre-pub is coming up on 3 years and not released yet? This collection has about 12k pages.  I ordered this on 10/20/11 which was within the first week it was offered.  I believe it took about 1-2 for Logos to get enough orders to start production.

The Eerdman's Collection is will be released in about 2 weeks (111k+ pages).  Logos started working on this collection within the past year.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 26 2014 6:29 PM

Bryan Speer:
Can somebody explain why this pre-pub is coming up on 3 years and not released yet?

I am just as mystified as you are. Could it be the Eerdmans bundle was tendered to Logos already digitized and the Edwards Collection had to be scanned? I just don't know.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 510
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 26 2014 6:36 PM

Super.Tramp:

I am just as mystified as you are. Could it be the Eerdmans bundle was tendered to Logos already digitized and the Edwards Collection had to be scanned? I just don't know.

Shouldn't have to scan anything. All 73 volumes of the Yale Edwards Collection are available free online.

http://edwards.yale.edu/research/browse

I wonder why they aren't offering all 73 volumes in the Pre-pub, and why its priced so incredibly high.

Posts 510
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 26 2014 6:38 PM

I betcha if we got a few super-users together and came up with some nice design guidelines to easily follow, within a few months we can make personal books of all 73 volumes.

Posts 33796
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 26 2014 6:49 PM

Greg Masone:
Shouldn't have to scan anything. All 73 volumes of the Yale Edwards Collection are available free online.

Under the citation guidelines you will note that the volumes may be available online for use by scholars but they are under copyright.

Greg Masone:

I betcha if we got a few super-users together and came up with some nice design guidelines to easily follow, within a few months we can make personal books of all 73 volumes.

Unfortunately that would not make them legal ... I haven't read them to see what sort of tagging would be necessary to make them worth the effort.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 571
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 27 2014 9:41 PM

If they're available for free online, then perhaps they should be moved into Community Pricing?

Posts 33796
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 27 2014 11:31 PM

Nick Steffen:
If they're available for free online, then perhaps they should be moved into Community Pricing?

Community Pricing is general out of copyright materials. We have to know some details of the contract Logos signed to know if CP were even a possibility.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 28 2014 10:59 AM

My guess is, just a guess but I think they might have put it into publication too fast and didn't get enough orders to pay the price for publication. they have done this before.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS