Milestone Shortcuts requested

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 172
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 31 2014 10:03 PM

Hello,

I have a commentary on CD, and I'm importing it into Logos 5. I'm new to personal books, and I'm looking for a way to add milestones without having to track down every scripture reference in the commentary manually.  Does anyone know a shortcut for finding scripture references in the word document and automatically adding the milestones?

I have four commentary collections all together, and around 200 volumes that I'd like to compile.  To do it well with milestones, it would take forever.  I'm just hoping for a shortcut of some kind.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Also - why can Logos pick up scripture references from manuscripts without needing milestones, but can't just recognize them as milestones automatically? 

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

Nick

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 31 2014 10:51 PM

Welcome Big Smile

Thread => Power Tip: Using variables to Search and Replace in Word may be helpful.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 12514
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 1 2014 1:09 AM

Nick Highland:
Also - why can Logos pick up scripture references from manuscripts without needing milestones, but can't just recognize them as milestones automatically? 

This is because the PB compiler is an automated script without knowledge about the structure and purpose of your document. It can't know that you want to build e.g. a commentary on the Johannine Letters, so that some scripture references to 1 John, 2 John, 3 John should become milestones and others that reference eg John's Gospel, the Rev or other biblical books are just references.

If those that should be milestones are formatted in Heading style or so, I second KS4J's suggestion to use Word's replace function - this will be very quick then. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS