Installation Link for L4-Official, Supported Second Computer Install

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 4 2010 1:53 PM

This should be very simple to do and simple to find either on the Logos FAQ etc. or the WIKI.  Not!  At least, I cannot find it.

There is the unsupported way to install L4 on a second computer but I cannot find the supported way.  Is the following link current?  Does it every change?  All Logos said in their FAQ was to use the link provided in the email you receive after purchasing.  And that was months ago...

http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 1:56 PM

Joan,

Yes...that link works...the only thing the "unsupported way" did was to allow you to NOT redownload resources a second time but to transfer them via memory stick or whatever... downloading them again is time consuming...

Otherwise...Logos has all of your settings, licenses, and such stored and it's just a matter of running the exe file you have...and sitting back...

When it's done....it will look and act just like your other install...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 2:05 PM

Robert Pavich:

Yes...that link works...the only thing the "unsupported way" did was to allow you to NOT redownload resources a second time but to transfer them via memory stick or whatever... downloading them again is time consuming...

Thanks, Robert.  Two thoughts I have.  One, why would I want to do something to my system that isn't supported by Logos (I understand it saves time..but Logos doesn't back it).  I'm conservative in every area of my life. I understand why others would go the easier route.  Second, I think this link should be posted somewhere on the Logos website so it can be found easily and denoted the supported way.  IMHO.  Thanks!  And Happy New Year.

Posts 2765
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 2:08 PM

Joan, its primaraly for those with huge libraries that dont want to download 8+GB each time they reinstall

I reinstall my testing PC every other week, call me sad, but for me without it I would not bother installing L4 on the machine

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 12:32 PM

DominicM:

Joan, its primaraly for those with huge libraries that dont want to download 8+GB each time they reinstall

I reinstall my testing PC every other week, call me sad, but for me without it I would not bother installing L4 on the machine

These folks were in rural areas with only dial up or in overseas sites where they were almost paying $$$ by the "byte.

It was very, very costly and there fore some of them (DAve!) created this "work-a-round.

regards

Steve F

Regards, SteveF

Posts 27452
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 1:54 AM

Joan Korte:
Two thoughts I have.  One, why would I want to do something to my system that isn't supported by Logos (I understand it saves time..but Logos doesn't back it).  I'm conservative in every area of my life. I understand why others would go the easier route.  Second, I think this link should be posted somewhere on the Logos website so it can be found easily and denoted the supported way.  IMHO.

Logos are committed to the "cloud". But they provided the scan command so we could import resources into L4, so the safest way is Method 3 at http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers. It avoids re-downloading but not indexing.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS