Compendium of Christian Theology on Community Pricing

Page 1 of 4 (70 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 69 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2358
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 4 2010 5:26 PM

Just wanted to let people know there is a new resource on Community Pricing.

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/5664

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 11:37 PM

RonaldQuick:

Just wanted to let people know there is a new resource on Community Pricing.

Already on it!  Hope it moves.

Posts 149
David A. Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 6:48 PM

William Bingham:
Already on it!  Hope it moves.

Guess this one depends on the free will of the people?Wink

In Christ,

Dave

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 7:19 PM

I bid $20

Posts 3666
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:01 PM

This is one I would really like to see in LOGOS - I bid $36 and would bid more if I could.  This is comparable to Miley - if you want to read the works of a classic Wesleyan/Arminian author, then Pope is one of the best.

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 10604
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 5:25 AM

Floyd Johnson:
This is one I would really like to see in LOGOS - I bid $36 and would bid more if I could.  This is comparable to Miley - if you want to read the works of a classic Wesleyan/Arminian author, then Pope is one of the best.

You convinced me. I raised my bid to $20, even though I am not Wesleyan/Arminian.

Posts 3666
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:11 AM

JackCaviness:
You convinced me. I raised my bid to $20, even though I am not Wesleyan/Arminian.

Thank you.

Yours because His,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2709
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:42 AM

Count me in. I am surprise that a lot of folks in the Logos community are not availing themselves of the opportunity to purchase Logos stuff on the cheap via the community pricing.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 10604
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:47 AM

Ted Hans:

Count me in. I am surprise that a lot of folks in the Logos community are not availing themselves of the opportunity to purchase Logos stuff on the cheap via the community pricing.

Community Pricing traffic has increased in the last couple of weeks due to several threads on this forum. If we keep up the chatter, perhaps more people will catch on to the advantages.

Posts 320
John Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 7:37 AM

I'm bidding for this too, but I don't really understand the logic of placing a higher bid rather than a lower bid. For example, right now, $10, $12 and $14 are pretty much even so why bid for $20 (or even $14) rather than $10?

perspectivelyspeaking.wordpress.com

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 10:51 AM

Ted, the Wesleyan tradition was a huge influence on both the America and Britich forms of Christianity. This resource should be of interest to anyone, regardless of their current tradition or theological bent! Logos needs more stuff like this. I hope more folks will also bid on the Charles Finney collection. I have written a short book on Finney and his influence on American Christianity and I must say that 100+ years later, he is still one of the largetst influences on the "Evangelical" faith that people know nothing about. More people need to know what is in these resources.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:49 AM

Joe Miller:
I hope more folks will also bid on the Charles Finney collection.

I'm not seeing that on the Community Pricing page... ?

Posts 2709
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 1:04 PM

Jeremiah Daniel Morris:

Joe Miller:
I hope more folks will also bid on the Charles Finney collection.

I'm not seeing that on the Community Pricing page... ?

It is on the Pre-pub page http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/4350

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2709
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 1:06 PM

Joe Miller:

Ted, the Wesleyan tradition was a huge influence on both the America and Britich forms of Christianity. This resource should be of interest to anyone, regardless of their current tradition or theological bent! Logos needs more stuff like this. I hope more folks will also bid on the Charles Finney collection. I have written a short book on Finney and his influence on American Christianity and I must say that 100+ years later, he is still one of the largetst influences on the "Evangelical" faith that people know nothing about. More people need to know what is in these resources.

Great Joe. I will place an order for your books on Amazon, thanks for the lead.

Ted

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 2:50 PM

Jeremiah, sorry I misled you by saying the Finney stuff was on Community Pricing when it was Pre-Pub. I still hope folks will order it though. Thanks Ted for pointing out the correct link. Thanks also for ordering my books. Let me know what ou think after you read them brother :-)

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 360
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 9:24 AM

Hi John

It is my understanding that a bid of 20 dollars would increase the graph from 1 dollar to 20 dollars.  If I am correct?

Posts 223
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:51 PM

Correct.

By bidding $20 you are effectively saying that you would be happy to pay anything up to that limit

A song I wrote and recorded : He Who Sits Upon The Throne

Posts 320
John Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 3:16 PM

You've misunderstood my point. I guess it's more of a question. Is Logos averaging the bids or are they keeping them separate. For example, say there is an item that will cost $100 to produce. Three people bid $25 and one person bids $50. Does this mean that Logos would send the item into production at $43.75? Or does this mean that you either need one more person to bid $25 or one more person to bid $50?

If it isn't averaged then I'm not doing anyone any favors by bidding $50, in fact I'm hurting the bidding pool. If it is averaged, then I'm still not necessarily helping those who only wanted to bid $25. So it seems smart to just bid lower and see how other bids start coming in (if the item is new or doesn't have a lot of bids) or to bid on whichever price has the most support. If there are a lot of bids at $10 and none at $50, why would I bid $50?

perspectivelyspeaking.wordpress.com

Posts 10604
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 3:33 PM

John Bowling:
For example, say there is an item that will cost $100 to produce. Three people bid $25 and one person bids $50. Does this mean that Logos would send the item into production at $43.75? Or does this mean that you either need one more person to bid $25 or one more person to bid $50?

The latter is true. If you bid $50, then it is logical to assume that you would also be willing to pay any price up to and including $50. Thus, in your example, you have placed one bid for $50 or one bid for $25, or one bid for $30, etc. To continue your example, if 10 people each bid $50, the product would the move to Pre-Pub with your order for the product at $10.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:31 PM

JackCaviness:

John Bowling:
For example, say there is an item that will cost $100 to produce. Three people bid $25 and one person bids $50. Does this mean that Logos would send the item into production at $43.75? Or does this mean that you either need one more person to bid $25 or one more person to bid $50?

The latter is true. If you bid $50, then it is logical to assume that you would also be willing to pay any price up to and including $50. Thus, in your example, you have placed one bid for $50 or one bid for $25, or one bid for $30, etc. To continue your example, if 10 people each bid $50, the product would the move to Pre-Pub with your order for the product at $10.

To continue the example farther, if you only bid $10 and Jack and I bid $30 and three people bid $20 the book would go into production for $20. 5 bids of $20 or more equal $100. Unless you raise your bid during that last week or four more people bid $10 or more, you will not get the book at the community pricing discount.

This means you should always bid the MAXIMUM you are willing to pay on your very first bid. There is no risk to you missing the lowest price, because regardless of how high your bid you are alway guaranteed the lowest price. However, if you are biding less than you are willing to pay you are risking not getting the resource and your are also not helping the resource get into production as quickly as it might.

What has historically happened is many people during that last week raise ridiculously low bids. If only these people had bid at a more realistic level in the first place the resource might have gone into production sooner. I am afraid this is what has happened with Barnes Notes.

Page 1 of 4 (70 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS