Where are the Handouts? (Macintosh version)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 23
G. Jorge Medina | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 10 2014 9:15 PM

I am using Logos 5.2a SR-7

Am I being shortchanged because I use a Macintosh instead of Windows?

Where is the command to create a Handout document on my Mac?

Please help.

Posts 26117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 10 2014 10:42 PM

The Handout is a feature that was nearly scrapped and is maintained only on the PC side. If people want it improved and supported on the MAC, uservoice is one place to push for it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 23
G. Jorge Medina | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2016 3:11 PM

Not familiar with UserVoice. How do we do that?

Thanks!

Posts 26117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2016 3:31 PM

go to https://logos.uservoice.com/ log in and follow the directions. If anything is unclear, ask and we'll give more detail.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 23
G. Jorge Medina | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2016 3:44 PM

Thanks!

Posts 24711
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2016 4:11 PM

Handouts will never be available on Mac. And they are not available in Logos 6 for Windows unless you created Handouts in a previous version (L4/L5). And they are no longer supported by Faithlife!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2016 8:59 PM

Dave Hooton:

Handouts will never be available on Mac. And they are not available in Logos 6 for Windows unless you created Handouts in a previous version (L4/L5). And they are no longer supported by Faithlife!

I can still create Handouts Dave.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 24711
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2016 10:34 PM

Lynden Williams:

Dave Hooton:

... they are not available in Logos 6 for Windows unless you created Handouts in a previous version (L4/L5). ...

I can still create Handouts Dave.

To be clearer, if you had the Handouts feature in a previous version of Logos for Windows then you will have it in Logos 6.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 29 2016 6:59 AM

I created an account for my Church and installed Logos 6 last year. I have the option to create handouts.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 7953
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 30 2016 10:05 PM

It's still there on Windows (for now). It remains deprecated and may be removed in a future version of the software.

Posts 2311
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2016 6:20 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

It's still there on Windows (for now). It remains deprecated and may be removed in a future version of the software.

Does this mean that even though I have handouts, that if this feature is removed in future versions, I will lose access to it?

Posts 7953
LogosEmployee

Ronald Quick:

Does this mean that even though I have handouts, that if this feature is removed in future versions, I will lose access to it?

If the feature is completely removed, you would have to run an older version of the software to access it. 

However, we don't currently plan to simply take it away. (We investigated removing the feature for brand-new users, so that we weren't presenting a deprecated and unsupported feature to new Logos 6 customers. However, we ran into trouble implementing that while still allowing documents to sync and open for existing customers, like you. So for now it's still available to all Windows customers but we certainly don't recommend depending on it always being there.)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS