Art Missing from New Interpreter's Bible

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 12 2014 1:03 PM

This is not a complaint or inquiry. But a personal solution for the missing Art the was in Volume 12. A rather pointless personal book, all it contains is the 8 art plates that use to be in the NIB.

The zip file contains the docx file and a jpg file of Volume 12.

Suggested personal book fields are as follows

Type: Monograph 

Title: Art Inspired By Revelation (New Interpreter's Bible Volume XII)

Author: Abingdon Press Copyright: 1998 Description: In the New Interpreter's Bible Volume XII original print edition there were 8 beautiful art plates. Abingdon's license for their use has ended. And all future print editions as well as the electronic text editions will no longer have them. I grabbed JPEG versions of them from the WWW and placed them here so I can feel my NIB is complete.

8836.NIBArtPPB.zip

-Dan

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 2:22 PM

Thanks Dan :)

Posts 1034
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 2:59 PM

Surely this is a breach of copyright?

Posts 3140
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 3:07 PM

Yes Thanks Dan

Some may find the below useful. You can capture a jpeg image from this Google page. The image with the red arrow is vol XII.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.4

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 3:28 PM

Mike Pettit:

I did not consider this... but since each JPG was taken from the World Wide Web and assembled into a Word document for non commercial use, and not scans of the plates in the books, I believe this is safe enough. Had I scanned them there may have been issue. And I will admit I never received permission from any image owner. But being as all works are hundreds of years old and they were taken from online sources I am not too concerned.

-Dan

Posts 1034
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 4:46 PM

Dan Francis:

Mike Pettit:

I did not consider this... but since each JPG was taken from the World Wide Web and assembled into a Word document for non commercial use, and not scans of the plates in the books, I believe this is safe enough. Had I scanned them there may have been issue. And I will admit I never received permission from any image owner. But being as all works are hundreds of years old and they were taken from online sources I am not too concerned.

-Dan

Seems reasonable to me, I stand corrected.

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 5:25 PM

Dan Francis:

This is not a complaint or inquiry. But a personal solution for the missing Art the was in Volume 12. A rather pointless personal book, all it contains is the 8 art plates that use to be in the NIB.

Dan,

I finally got around to this suggested activity only to discover that the NIB that I have here in L5 shows that art work in Vol. 12 on p. 556. It is just prior to the "Outline of Revelation."

Hmm

God bless

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 6:03 PM

That is so weird. I know for a fact that Abingdon told Accordance they could not put them in because they had lost rights to them, and all future printings would not include them either. I wonder how Logos got to put them in.. glad they did, I had just thought were not there since I never saw them in them listed in the contents.

Ick!

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS