Logos 5.2b (5.2.2.1489) is now available

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 14 2014 5:47 PM

Logos 5.2b (5.2.2.1489) is available for download.

If you have automatic updates turned on, 5.2b will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter the Update Now command. If you encounter problems with the auto update, download 5.2b using the appropriate link:

Mac

Windows

Release Notes

This release features:

• Numerous bug fixes, including a fix for the "blank text" issue in the Mac 10.10 Yosemite public beta
  • New "Bookstore" section for all Guides except Bible Word Study
    • This section features a "Quick Buy" option to quickly purchase resources without leaving the app
    • The results listed are resources that will add more content to your current guide. Thus the resources listed in Topic/Sermon Starter Guides are only those with valid entries that would appear in those guides.
    • Note: The Bookstore in Verbum for Passage/Exegetical Guides will currently not display results.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 14 2014 6:52 PM

Mine just download. Looking forward to it!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 29120
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 14 2014 9:00 PM

Huh?

Big SmileWink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 17
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 5:27 AM

After updating my Logos wants to download my complete library (6Gb) again. My Logos folder is about 9.5Gb so I can't see why it needs to download everything again. Just what I don't need when I'm trying to do sermon preparation.

Is there anyway to avoid having to redownload the library?

Ken

Posts 17
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 5:35 AM

It looks like it is wanting to start a whole new library in AppData/Local/Logos5 and is ignoring the data that is already in the Logos5 program folder.

Ken

Posts 6588
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 5:37 AM

Ken, change the settings in Preferences and tell it not to download automatically.

Lynden Williams Commu

Posts 6588
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 5:41 AM

Lynden Williams Commu

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 6:08 AM

I vaguely seem to remember there being some sort of update to the underlying database. It may be that there are a number of titles that need updated as a result. I recently had to completely reinstall windows, and thus logos as well - so I can't say for certain whether or not this was required for the latest update.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 17
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 6:09 AM

G'day Lynden,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that wouldn't work for me because Logos was wanting to do the download when it was restarting and when I cancelled the download Logos wouldn't restart.

So,  I cheated and had a look in the registry and changed the install directory from the AppData folder back to the program folder. And, then it restarted OK.

The interesting thing is that Logos is reporting that it is Logos Bible Software 5.2a SR-7 (5.2.1.0171) so it may not have been the 5.2b update that caused the problem.

Any way back to sermon preparation and I'll see what happens when the next update is installed.

Greetings

Ken

Posts 6588
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 6:12 AM

Ken, after sermon prep is finished use this link https://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers and reinstall using method three. 

Note that the latest engine is now 5.2b

Lynden Williams Commu

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 8:23 AM

MJ. Smith:

Huh?

Big SmileWink

Those were supposed to communicate two different things, but I agree the wording was... not so great. I've clarified it a bit. Smile

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 9:06 AM

Dylan Rondeau:

Logos 5.2b (5.2.2.1489) is available for download.

• New "Bookstore" section for all Guides except Bible Word Study
    • This section features a "Quick Buy" option to quickly purchase resources without leaving the app

Is this a feature that can be disabled?

Is there a method to block "in app purchases" in the desktop version?

Is it lower in the Guide rather than at the top? (i.e., What position is it placed at?)

Is this going to be included in the the iOS/Android apps?

Will there a method to block "in app purchases" in the mobile versions?

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 12:35 PM
In the morning I received Logos 5.2b (5.2.2.1489), but now I can't use Bible Facts tool (no results). Were updated some datasets too? Which? (I'm not home right now). Martin.
Posts 29120
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 12:42 PM

Martin Grainger Dean:
Were updated some datasets too?

Yes the Bible Facts datasets were updated along with many morphological ones. It necessitated a complete reindexing.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 12:48 PM
So I need to reindex all my library when get back home? Or the program will reindex only what will download?
Posts 29120
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 1:03 PM

On my machine a "first time" indexing was triggered ... just trust what Logos decides.

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 1:10 PM

MJ. Smith:

On my machine a "first time" indexing was triggered ... just trust what Logos decides.

Mine updated without any indexing … for which many thanks.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 1:11 PM
Hmm... Can someone make a detailed screenshot with what's has been updated?
Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 1:17 PM

Here's what I got …

For more info about the engine update, just click release notes on Dylan initial post.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 8251
LogosEmployee

We're temporarily preventing automatic updates to 5.2b due to a problem with the web-based sermon sections (e.g., Sermons.logos.com, SermonCentral.com, etc.)

You can still install manually by using the links in Dylan's original post on this thread.

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS