Logos 5.2b (5.2.2.1489) is now available

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8243
LogosEmployee

MJ. Smith:

On my machine a "first time" indexing was triggered ... just trust what Logos decides.

This is almost always due to index corruption being detected locally.

Martin Grainger Dean:
So I need to reindex all my library when get back home? Or the program will reindex only what will download?

5.2b does not require a full reindexing. The program will only index new/updated books that it has downloaded. (5.2b may download some updated data sets, but they don't need indexing, so I don't think there will be any indexing simply from updating to 5.2b from 5.2a SR-7.)

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 1:56 PM
Thanks, Bradley. Anyway until I get home can someone with a Platinum package post a screenshot with all the updates? Thanks.
Posts 25735
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 3:51 PM

There are no book updates as a consequence of updating to 5.2b, but the database updates that occurred around the same time are:-

These basically apply to all users with a Logos 4/5 base package, except for Timeline (Logos 5 Bronze+) and some morphologies.

BTW my Bible Facts is working OK.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25735
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 4:16 PM

Anthony H:
Is this a feature that can be disabled?

Yes, but only if you use customised guides e.g. Make a new template (from Guides menu), name it "My standard guide name" and don't include the Bookstore section.

Anthony H:
Is it lower in the Guide rather than at the top? (i.e., What position is it placed at?)

Seems to be at the bottom of the standard guides.

Anthony H:
Is there a method to block "in app purchases" in the desktop version?

Don't click anywhere important! But just exclude the section from your guide as above.

Anthony H:
Is this going to be included in the the iOS/Android apps?

I don't know, but it would be a pure marketing gambit as I don't think you can control guide sections.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8243
LogosEmployee

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
We're temporarily preventing automatic updates to 5.2b due to a problem

The problem is fixed and 5.2b SR-1 is now available (for automatic updates): http://community.logos.com/forums/t/87974.aspx 

Posts 17
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 16 2014 2:46 AM

Thanks for the link Lyndon. I basically followed method three but decided to completely uninstall Logos after I had backed up the resources. Following the process outlined plus copying the resources back worked well. I decided to uninstall because I had fiddled with the registry and there were Logos folders in three different places. All good now.

Thanks again for your help.

Ken

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 27 2014 6:39 PM

I'm on 5.2b SR-3 and last night I downloaded Canaanite Myths and Legends from the daily deal. Logos then insisted on First-Time Indexing after the download.  Problems ensued when my CPU began to overheat as a result of the process and it would crash the PC at about 10% completion. I was finally able to troubleshoot the issue to my closed-loop cpu cooler acting up.  I picked up a new cpu cooler this morning and now that the machine is back up, the First-Time Indexing is back and running (it has been about 3 hours so far on an FX-8320 with 16gb of RAM).  It's frustrating because I wanted to write a research paper today. Sad

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS