Future features review: end of year

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 4 2010 11:10 PM

We are now officially in the "coming 1st quarter 2010" period. It doesn't appear that the schedule has slipped all that much - primarily the importation of notes is not up as quickly as possible.  However, from my perspective there is one major omission in the "coming 1st quarter 2010" period - making notes useful. My personal list of what this constitutes:

1) all types of links working in Notes

2) copy  & paste into Notes not crashing, supporting illustrations etc.

3) set cursor at title when no title is autogenerated on adding a note

4) ability to globally control the title being reference only or reference and text

5) ability to expand/contract notes at the title level

6) ability to sequence notes

7) ability to control note color at the file level

Any others that you consider essential?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 10:55 AM

Is Notes Importing in yet?  I have not even tried because it's on the "Coming Soon" list, but I have a ton of Notes in L3 and I have not even done much with Notes in L4 until I can get what I have already done imported.  Without Import IMHO the rest of the features are not that important.

Posts 236
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 11:28 AM

I would just add...

• notes not lose their formatting when you move things around.  
  • that you have the option to turn on/off citations within notes.  (Currently if I copy/paste from a resource no citation follows.  I would like to have the option to have it follow and auto hyperlinked.) 
Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 11:54 AM

support for multi-level lists

Posts 33257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:54 PM

Dominick Sela:
Is Notes Importing in yet? 

Nope - but at least it is on the listSmile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 6:05 PM

The L3 type interlinears should be coming soon being that it is the end of the first quarter right?

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 6:06 PM

Jeremy:
The L3 type interlinears should be coming soon being that it is the end of the first quarter right?

They are in the current Beta

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 6:57 PM

Terry Poperszky:

Jeremy:

They are in the current Beta

The interlinears are their own books in the beta?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:03 PM

Jeremy:

Rosie posted a view of a page (ESV RI)

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/14310/110077.aspx#110077

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:11 PM

Jeremy:

No, they now have a new Display button which allows you to turn on various lines of the interlinear material. Same stuff is available as the pane down below, but this way it is integrated in with the main text window.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:15 PM

Rosie Perera:
No, they now have a new Display button which allows you to turn on various lines of the interlinear material. Same stuff is available as the pane down below, but this way it is integrated in with the main text window.

So, if you want a separate copy, you open a second copy of the Bible, then turn on the display items. It really isn't as clunky as it sounds, the only draw back is the display settings don't save in Layout (at least at this stage).

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:15 PM

Rosie Perera:

Jeremy:

I can't figure it out. What do you click on in the Display to bring up the integration?

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:17 PM

Jeremy:
I can't figure it out. What do you click on in the Display to bring up the integration?

Once you download Beta C, then you have to download the resources and reindex before it will work.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS