How to Study Alongside the Church Fathers

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 139
Noel Fitzpatrick | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 28 2014 8:08 AM

Recently I am trying to use Logos more productively and I am grateful for the help in the forums. In reply to a suggestion I bought the above resource, but cannot make a Personal Book.  Is there a simple way to do this? 

The webinar is not fully satisfactory, as some texts considered by Church Fathers would not be accepted as such by modern scholarship. Some of the resources in Logos have been superseded by modern research.

PS: Is the only difference between Logos and Verbum the home page, so is it immaterial which I choose?

Posts 11705
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 8:44 AM

Noel Fitzpatrick:

Recently I am trying to use Logos more productively and I am grateful for the help in the forums. In reply to a suggestion I bought the above resource, but cannot make a Personal Book.  Is there a simple way to do this? 

The webinar is not fully satisfactory, as some texts considered by Church Fathers would not be accepted as such by modern scholarship. Some of the resources in Logos have been superseded by modern research.

PS: Is the only difference between Logos and Verbum the home page, so is it immaterial which I choose?

Noel, you did ask about that earlier this week - maybe it's helpful if you try to go with the answers you received here http://community.logos.com/forums/t/88285.aspx and ask further questions in that thread.

There was a recent thread about Logos/Verbum: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/87885/616368.aspx#616368 There are differences in pre-built collections that come up in some guides (church fathers, catechism), but overall the difference currently is small. However, since you already have a base package, buying Verbum now will leave your installation intact and just add the Verbum resources - you may then switch baxk and forth with the command Set Verbum to Yes (No) 

Hope this helps,

Mick

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 139
Noel Fitzpatrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 11:10 AM

Mick,

I really appreciate all the help I am getting and am spending a lot of time learning new features in Logos, both with the iPad and Laptop.

I will do, in detail, as you suggest and your comments are a great help.  In fact I have already followed your suggestions, but  a deeper study would be appropriate.

Thanks once more.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS