Indexing stops at 6 percent

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 30
William K. Schlipp | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 28 2014 5:49 PM

After installing Logos 5 on my new Surface Pro 2, indexing begins but fails at 6% on every attempt. "Rebuild index" does not solve the problem and the indexing fail message often accompanies the indexing shut down. This is a Windows 8 computer and all updates have been installed. Any Ideas? I have attached the Logos Log Files associated with this fault.

God bless

Bill

2678.New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip

Posts 35581
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 6:42 PM

You have a database error in a reverse interlinear, I believe. I'll let someone else identify the precise file that needs to be deleted and reloaded.

Welcome to the forums.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 30
William K. Schlipp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 2:39 AM

Thanks for the reply and the welcome MJ.

God bless

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 3:56 AM

MJ. Smith:

You have a database error in a reverse interlinear, I believe. I'll let someone else identify the precise file that needs to be deleted and reloaded.

This is a territory where Dave really shines, but I'll take a stab. At most it costs time but won't break anything. 

The indexing exception is at the LLS:1.0.50 NRSV, assuming the file is corrupted on the disk, you can force a clean download this way:

1. Load Logos (Pause the indexing).
  2. Tools > Program Settings > Locate the bottom section on hidden resources. 
  3. Open your library and locate "The New Revised Standard Version"
  4. Drag the NRSV to the hidden resources.
  5. Restart Logos (this deletes the file from your hard drive.
  6. Go back to Tools > Program Settings > Hidden Resources
  7. Hover your mouse over the NRSV and on the far right you'll see an 'X'. Click that X to remove it from the list and thus restore the NRSV.
  8. Restart Logos (This will force a re-download of the file).

That process complete, you may want to either kill the indexer process or reboot your system (Safer) one time to enable the indexer to rebuild.

I'm not certain that killing the indexer process is necessary and I only include it as an option.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee

TCBlack's advice is good if the problem is with the regular resource file. However, in this case, the problem is in the associated reverse interlinears (which won't be removed by hiding the NRSV).

Make sure Logos and the Indexer are not running, then open Explorer to C:\Users\bill\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\fqo3ecng.exx\ResourceManager\Resources

Delete the following files: NRSV.logos4, NRSVOT.lbsrvi, NRSVNT.lbsrvi

Restart Logos and run "update resources". This should download three replacement resources and restart indexing.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 7:35 AM

Heh. Back to Log reading 101 for me.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 30
William K. Schlipp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 3:14 PM

Thank you brother Bradley,

My indexing is now at 9% for the first time. I think this was the solution and I appreciate your time and talent.

God bless

Bill

Posts 30
William K. Schlipp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 3:15 PM

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I am grateful!

God bless

Bill

Posts 30
William K. Schlipp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 3:17 PM

TCBlack,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I am grateful!

God bless

Bill

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS