Page Count

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 3 2014 12:45 PM

Is there a way to view a page count for books in L5 (obviously those that come from print and have pagination)? I've looked at the info tab and don't see this. I'm just looking for a quick way to evaluate how long it would take me to read any given resource. 

Samsung Series 7; Windows 8 64 bit; Intel Core i7-3635QM @2.4GHz; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640M

Posts 30640
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 3 2014 1:25 PM

Ron Cook:
Is there a way to view a page count for books in L5 (obviously those that come from print and have pagination)?

Kind of... Resources with Page numbers should show the page number at the bottom of the screen. Simply scroll to the last page to get a "page count." Not elegant, but it should work.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 3 2014 2:03 PM

Thanks, that was the only solution I had found; but like you said "not elegant."

Samsung Series 7; Windows 8 64 bit; Intel Core i7-3635QM @2.4GHz; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640M

Posts 12566
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 3 2014 2:18 PM

Ron Cook:

Is there a way to view a page count for books in L5 (obviously those that come from print and have pagination)? I've looked at the info tab and don't see this. I'm just looking for a quick way to evaluate how long it would take me to read any given resource. 

Note that most books (even those without a page index) will have the page count listed on their product page on www.logos.com - maybe this helps for your purpose. Of course neither of this will estimate your time to finish based on your actual reading speed as Kindle does.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 786
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 3 2014 5:05 PM

You might not be aware that Reading Plans are not restricted to Bibles.  I use reading plans to force me to read resources within a schedule.

Grossly, you could decide how many pages you could cover in a day and then adjust the time of the plan so that each day's selection matched that size.  While this is quite crude, you could allow the plan to keep track of your progress.

I like page numbers, which, as you have noted, are not available for all resources.  I used to keep an Excel spreadsheet based on page numbers which listed the books I was reading.  My spreadsheet was able to give me an estimated completion date for each book based on my current progress.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS