Collection rules for sorting commentaries (updated for Logos 8 Base Packages)

Page 14 of 14 (276 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14
This post has 275 Replies | 39 Followers

Posts 486
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2019 12:35 PM

Mark Barnes:
I don't have any volumes in the Catholic Scripture Study series. It looks difficult to classify, although judging from the preview I think it would have to be expository. (I've been thinking about whether 'theological' commentaries need a category of their own.) But if you can let me know the exact series name, I can include it.

Actually, the work on Romans by Hahn and Shea on Romans turns out to be a bit more of a Bible study than a commentary,

However, the work by Hahn alone on Romans is in the 'Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture' series (CCSS). For me, it is helpful to include it for a more comprehensive examination of what people have written when working in detail on Romans. 

Thanks Mark

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2019 10:35 PM

John Duffy:
However, the work by Hahn alone on Romans is in the 'Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture' series (CCSS). For me, it is helpful to include it for a more comprehensive examination of what people have written when working in detail on Romans. 

CCSS is already included in Intermediate.

Posts 486
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 21 2019 12:36 AM

Thanks Mark

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 21 2019 6:50 AM

"Life Lessons" fits in the Study Guides category. From my short list of Commentaries (Unclassified) - An exported Excel sheet on OneDrive.

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 21 2019 7:05 AM

Randy W. Sims:

"Life Lessons" fits in the Study Guides category. From my short list of Commentaries (Unclassified) - An exported Excel sheet on OneDrive.

Thanks. I'll add them once Sunday is out of the way :-).

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2019 1:30 PM

"Life Lessons" has now been added to the Study Guides rule.

Posts 52
DrGregWaddell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2019 5:20 PM

Mark,

Thank you for this. Was wondering: do you have something like this for works of Theology?

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2019 8:16 PM

Could a collection be created for Messianic Jewish Commentaries And Resources? It’d be nice to run a passage guide with those results only.

DAL

Posts 26507
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2019 8:56 PM

DAL:

Could a collection be created for Messianic Jewish Commentaries And Resources? It’d be nice to run a passage guide with those results only.

Would this have what you want? Theology/Denomination Tags

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2019 9:57 PM

Mark Barnes:

When I update these collections in the future, Logos 8 users will see a notification in their docs menu which will allow you to easily update the collection to the new rules.

Mark,

I wanted to switch to the auto-update approach. To do this, I deleted all the previous collection rules from you which I had copied manually. Then I followed the instructions of your first posting. However, all the collection rules ended up with a (2) at the end, e.g., Commentaries (Expository) (2). I then manually renamed this collection to Commentaries (Expository). Does this mean that the auto-update does not work any longer?

Armin

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2019 6:00 AM

MJ. Smith:

DAL:

Would this have what you want? Theology/Denomination Tags

Thank you, MJ! It’s a great start 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 7:18 PM

Armin:

Mark Barnes:

When I update these collections in the future, Logos 8 users will see a notification in their docs menu which will allow you to easily update the collection to the new rules.

Mark,

I wanted to switch to the auto-update approach. To do this, I deleted all the previous collection rules from you which I had copied manually. Then I followed the instructions of your first posting. However, all the collection rules ended up with a (2) at the end, e.g., Commentaries (Expository) (2). I then manually renamed this collection to Commentaries (Expository). Does this mean that the auto-update does not work any longer?

Armin

Mark,

Do you know if auto-update works if a collection has been renamed?

Armin

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 2:06 AM

Armin:

I don't know for certain, but I suspect it will still work as each collection has a UniqueID that persists after a rename.

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 3:06 AM

Mark Barnes:

Armin:

I don't know for certain, but I suspect it will still work as each collection has a UniqueID that persists after a rename.

I’m not very savvy when it cones to this stuff, but didn’t FL say to update the collection manually since they were rebranding the Lexham Guides? Wouldn’t the same apply to other series/collections? Maybe I’m way off, but I thought of bringing it up anyway 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 7:23 AM

Mark Barnes:

Armin:

For me, the collections appear to update, but the webpage tells me that they are out-of-date.

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 9:33 PM

Mark Barnes:

Armin:

Thanks, Mark. Let's see what happens when you update the collections next time.

The unique ID has pros and cons. It is great if I just want to maintain the downloaded collection (which is what I want to do with Mark's collections). But I assume there are some people who download a collection and assume that they can make it their own by  renaming it. So if they modify the collection, their changes might be reversed with the next update of the original collection.

Page 14 of 14 (276 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 | RSS