Touch Screen Scrolling

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 174
Derek Browning | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:41 PM

Hi There,

I've been using L5 on windows 8 touch screen for a few months.  I noticed, for quite some time, I could never run my finger accross the screen to do a click and drag highlighting text, it would only scroll the resource up and down or left and right.  Today, however, the click and drag worked perfectly, but I've seem to lose the ability to scroll up and down by swiping my finger on a resource.

I'm curious if this was due to an update, or did I inadvertently change a setting?  It would be amazing if this functionality was due to a quick setting change to where I could toggle back and forth.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Derek

Posts 174
Derek Browning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 9 2014 7:55 PM

Should I post this in a different area?

Posts 27546
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 9 2014 8:26 PM

Derek Browning:

Should I post this in a different area?

No, I don't think so. It's just a matter of finding someone with experience in this area. Logos hasn't designed its app for touch screen devices, and there are so many different configurations / drivers that your answer might be difficult in coming. I hope someone is able to help you soon! Sorry I can't be of any help. Tongue Tied

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7982
LogosEmployee

Derek Browning:
I'm curious if this was due to an update

I'm not aware of any changes to touch scroll/highlighting behaviour in Logos 5.

As far as I know, since the early versions of Logos 5, a quick swipe invokes scrolling, but a longer press-and-drag will highlight. I'm not aware of any changes to this.

Posts 35
Rich L | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 7:49 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Derek Browning:
I'm curious if this was due to an update

I'm not aware of any changes to touch scroll/highlighting behaviour in Logos 5.

As far as I know, since the early versions of Logos 5, a quick swipe invokes scrolling, but a longer press-and-drag will highlight. I'm not aware of any changes to this.

This is not my experience. I have tried a "quick swipe" and all I can do is highlight text. I'm not able to scroll using touch screen.

Can anyone comment on whether touch screen scrolling works with Logos?

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 12:31 PM

I can only tell you that unassisted, I can not scroll using the touch screen. However, If you download an app called touchmousepointer, you will be able to scroll. It's a free app, and it works flawlessly.Smile

As to your original question... changing the number of columns in a Bible will affect  how scroll and highlight function. Just a quirk.

Posts 35
Rich L | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 11 2014 2:15 PM

Interestingly, I was showing someone yesterday that touchscreen scrolling didn't work and then it worked for one of the resources.  I realized that as I clicked different Tabs, some resources scrolled while others didn't.  As I recall, ESV didn't scroll but highlighted while NKJV scolled.  NA27 with apparatus scrolled while NA28 highlighted.

Support indicated that they don't support full touch screen compatibility but plan to add it soon.

Paul C:  Thanks for the tip.  I'll try it out.  I have a Surface Pro 3 that I use occasionally and I'll try it out.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 11 2014 5:21 PM

Rich L:
Interestingly, I was showing someone yesterday that touchscreen scrolling didn't work and then it worked for one of the resources.  I realized that as I clicked different Tabs, some resources scrolled while others didn't.
Again, I invite you to investigate how many columns you have set for each resource. Set to none, scrolling will react one way. Set to one column, It will be reversed.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS