Possibility of publishing the TDOT?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 18
Wayne Quernemoen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 10 2014 9:19 PM

I understand that Logos does not yet publish the Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament...is there a chance it might be published eventually?

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 1:50 PM

Wayne P Quernemoen:

I understand that Logos does not yet publish the Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament...is there a chance it might be published eventually?

Anyone?!? This is a great set! I'd also be one who'd love to see it a Logos resource.

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 1:51 PM

Wayne P Quernemoen:

Anyone?!? This is a great set! I'd also be one who'd love to see it a Logos resource.

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 1:52 PM

Wayne P Quernemoen:

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 1:53 PM

Wayne P Quernemoen:

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 1:53 PM

Wayne P Quernemoen:

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 1:56 PM

Wayne P Quernemoen:

Posts 37
J. Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 2:25 PM

Logos used to have TDOT.  Unfortunately, it is a Moody publication.  Moody does not currently publish digital resources through Logos, although everyone remains ever hopeful that will change.

Posts 7209
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 3:17 PM

J. Jackson:

Logos used to have TDOT.  Unfortunately, it is a Moody publication.  Moody does not currently publish digital resources through Logos, although everyone remains ever hopeful that will change.

Kind correction: Logos used to carry Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament (TWOT) which indeed was published by Moody and is no longer available.  Now, the Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament (TDOT) that the OP is referring to is published by Eerdmans - that we've been trying to get Logos to publish it for the longest, but no luck yet - unfortunately.

DAL

Posts 9137
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 3:20 PM

There certainly has been some discussion. See here. The latest word there from Logos is dated June 4 of this year.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 3:28 PM

Nice to know they are working on it.. Hopefully they can get the rights soon I would sign on for the pre-pub ASAP...

-Dan

Posts 37
J. Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 3:47 PM
Oops, right. I was confusing the two. Sorry about that.
Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 6:14 PM

Wayne P Quernemoen:

Posts 9137
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 6:37 PM

Jerry Smith:

Jerry, are you reading the replies??

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 10657
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 14 2014 5:17 AM

Mark Smith:

Jerry Smith:

Jerry, are you reading the replies??

Mark, I think there is a good chance that Jerry only typed his response once and that a forum bug duplicated it (or that he received the ominous error message and hit "post" again, thereby multiplying the post. Perhaps the last one went into a technical moderation loop and was released later than the others).

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 9137
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 14 2014 10:38 AM

NB.Mick:
Mark, I think there is a good chance that Jerry only typed his response once and that a forum bug duplicated it (or that he received the ominous error message and hit "post" again, thereby multiplying the post. Perhaps the last one went into a technical moderation loop and was released later than the others).

I hope that's the case, but I also hope he'll be back to discover the current status.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS