New: Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown's Unabridged Commentary on the Old and New Testaments (6 vols.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 116
Paolo russo | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 12 2014 2:37 AM

I received an email with a new pre-pub offer: "New: Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown's Unabridged Commentary on the Old and New Testaments (6 vols.)"

Do you know how much is the difference between this unabridged version in 6 volumes, and the abridged one that we all possess?

Posts 2348
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 3:12 AM

Perhaps you mean community pricing?  

https://www.logos.com/product/45382/jamieson-fausset-and-browns-unabridged-commentary-on-the-old-and-new-testaments

One difference is probably about 1500 pages vs 4100 pages.

Posts 116
Paolo russo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 3:16 AM

yes right cp.

I'm curious how those 2.500 pages more add to the content. Sometime the abridged version is short of bibliography, and not of analysis

Posts 2348
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 3:25 AM

Compare the two here:

Unabridged

Abridged

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 10:53 AM

Gao Lu:

Compare the two here:

Unabridged

Abridged

Long being a fan of JFB I can not wait till i have the unabridged in Logos. This has to be one of the best 19th century commentaries out there. I know there were many much longer and I am not saying there are not other good ones, I just feel JFB stands up better than most from that time frame even if occasionally the anti-papist comments seem harsh and uncalled for at times. Theses small defects  are rare and so much valuable info is to be found I can hardly wait to get the full thing.

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS