L4 and Mac tablet

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 228
Stephen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 6 2010 2:32 PM

Does Logos have any plans to produce a version for the Mac tablet if it's released? I would imagine that it would be similar to the iphone version as the Mac tablet will probably be running a modified iPhone OS from most of the speculation I've seen. it would be great to be able to use it as an eBook type reader, I really have no desire to buy a kindle! But I would love to be able to use it to read resources from my library. A MBP just doesn't quite cut it laying in bed and the iPhone screen is to small for me for extended reading.

Posts 343
Jason Saling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 2:45 PM

Yes  I've been hoping for the same!  If Apple does release a Tablet at the end of this month or soon thereafter, I was hoping it'd be easy for Logos to implement it to a Mac Tablet since they've already done it with the iPhone.  It'll be interesting to see what Apple has up their sleeve.  It would be really neat if there was the ability to use either the E-ink technology and be able to do full color.  I'm sure the tablet would be able to do color, but hoping the E-ink is an ability as well so it's not too bright when trying to read a book for awhile.

Jason Saling

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

I'm not sure whether or not I comment on any plans regarding potential products for unannounced hardware platforms.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 228
Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 2:59 PM

Did you wink while writing that?

Posts 746
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 6:52 PM

StephenWeasler:

Does Logos have any plans to produce a version for the Mac tablet if it's released? I would imagine that it would be similar to the iphone version as the Mac tablet will probably be running a modified iPhone OS from most of the speculation I've seen. it would be great to be able to use it as an eBook type reader, I really have no desire to buy a kindle! But I would love to be able to use it to read resources from my library. A MBP just doesn't quite cut it laying in bed and the iPhone screen is to small for me for extended reading.

Yes

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 7:36 PM

I actually put off purchasing an e-book reader last year in hopes that the Apple tablet would be realized in the near future. I certainly had access to my Logos library in mind when evaluating whether to make a purchase immediately or to wait to see what Apple does in terms of a new product. Although I'm getting use to reading on my IPOD Touch, a larger screen would make the reading experience more pleasant. Thanks for posting this question and I hope that we can run Logos on the ITablet, or whatever they call it!

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 10:53 PM

I have been watching the Apple tablet rumours. A best case scenario would be that it runs some form of OSX and can run the regular version of Logos 4 Mac, or possibly an iPhone type app which will also run the current Logos 4 iPhone. Personally, I prefer the former over the later. Either way, this will enable you to use your tablet like a kindle type reader to read the theology books on offer from Logos without being tied to your computer.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 9:58 AM

Cameron Watters:
I'm not sure whether or not I comment on any plans regarding potential products for unannounced hardware platforms.

I'm not sure whether I can comment on Cameron's comment either.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 10:12 AM

Tom Philpot:

Cameron Watters:

I'm not sure whether I can comment on Cameron's comment either.

Come on guys, I want to know all the development plans that you have for platforms that haven't been announces or released. I especially interested in Windows 9

Posts 92
Felipe Chamy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 10:20 AM

no interest in windows what so ever on my part... but you know what it says elsewhere:

God does not make distinctions... either free or slave, mac or windows... (or something like that)

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 10:23 AM

Felipe Chamy:

no interest in windows what so ever on my part... but you know what it says elsewhere:

God does not make distinctions... either free or slave, mac or windows... (or something like that)

Actually Ballmer was demoing an HP "Slate" this morning. I think he is trying to up stage Apple in the announcement of theirs. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS