Books by James R. White

Page 4 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 74 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 776
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2013 8:45 PM

I have a copy of White's The Potter's Freedom (where he locks horns with Geisler's Chosen But Free) in another program.  I would very much like to have it in Logos along with his KJV Controversy.  Even if you disagree with his theology or conclusions, you have to admit he brings his 'A' game and some very strong exegetical skills and argumentation.  He will challenge  your thinking!

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 3073
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 8:56 AM

sounds good to me.

mm.

mm.

Posts 1704
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 10:15 AM

JRS:
along with his KJV Controversy.
 Yes

JRS:
White's The Potter's Freedom (

JRS:
I would very much like to have it in Logos

I know the subject of format-shifting is a bit of a sticky-wicket, but have you considered attempting to export TPF out of the native environment (CROSS format?) and into a Logos PB, by way of an intermediate PDF? (An interim solution, of course, since TPF as a real Logos resource would easily be worth the repurchase.) I have a blog post which addresses some of this issue; link is in my signature.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 776
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 2:13 PM

Robert,

Thanks for the link ... nice blog. 

TPF is one of the titles that I would be willing to export to PB for my own personal use.  But not yet.  Much prefer to see Logos do it.  I don't mind repurchasing as it is well worth it.  Nevertheless, thanks for the primer on 'Conversion'.  Wink

OT:  Would that Logos made available a list of requested/pending titles with a clear and concise statement of their current status.  'Gathering Interest' or 'Under Development' doesn't say much and we rarely get forum feedback from Logos on requested titles.  I mean something more informative like "The Publisher/Copyright Owner Does Not Want to Dance With Us' or 'Under Consideration' or 'Title is Approx 5/8 complete' or 'Don't Hold Yer Breath' or 'In Negotiations with Author to Publish as Logos or Vyrso Title' etc. 

Sometimes it feels like we're shouting into a cavern that is so deep we're not even getting an echo. 

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 433
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 7 2013 12:06 PM

Jacob Hantla:

Please. James White's works aim at being incredibly text-driven and are therefore chock full of Biblical references which would be much easier to read in Logos. 

Also, when debating things like Calvin, KJV-only, Catholic doctrine extensive reference to primary resources are made. To have these tagged would make these works extremely valuable. 

Well put! This is precisely why James White's books would be a great fit for Logos. Yes

Posts 2922
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 5:29 AM

Logos Listened! http://www.logos.com/product/33552/james-r-white-collection

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 5:30 AM

Well...Dr. White's books are on Pre-order...but no "Potter's Freedom" though.

https://www.logos.com/product/33552/james-r-white-collection

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 255
Sogol | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 7:12 AM

JRS:

I have a copy of White's The Potter's Freedom (where he locks horns with Geisler's Chosen But Free) in another program.  I would very much like to have it in Logos along with his KJV Controversy.  Even if you disagree with his theology or conclusions, you have to admit he brings his 'A' game and some very strong exegetical skills and argumentation.  He will challenge  your thinking!

I agree, JRS. Though Dr. White and I have very different stances on a number of issues, I appreciate that Logos is publishing his works, and I will probably buy the set. I love that Logos carries works that represent such a diverse group of perspectives, as we can all learn something from those we disagree with.

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:42 AM

Robert Pavich:
Well...Dr. White's books are on Pre-order...but no "Potter's Freedom" though.

Clifford has responded to a similar query here,

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/71197/508561.aspx#508561

It seems that 'The Potter's Freedom' is under a different publisher.

Big Smile

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 12:25 PM

I am glad James White has finally made it into Logos. Thanks

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 12:34 PM

Paul Golder:

Show of hands. Who here thinks that Logos would ever publish:

I guess we have the answer to that question.

Posts 370
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2013 5:03 AM

There's a collection in pre-pub:

https://www.logos.com/product/33552/james-r-white-collection

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:15 AM

David Paul:

Paul Golder:

It does seem odd that a publisher would offer what some would call diametrically opposed resources.

Although not unheard of. After all, Zondervan's parent company publishes Satan's 'bible', which is an opposition to the extreme...

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 8 2014 12:17 PM

How about breaking this collection up??

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 26518
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 8 2014 12:26 PM

David Paul:

Paul Golder:

I see no reason to believe they would not - they publish similar material. I have seen nothing to imply Logos enforces quality standards of scholarship nor doctrinal standards - they offer what their user base purchases/requests.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 4 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS