Multi Monitor setup

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Mark Harrell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 17 2014 6:19 PM

I am setting up a multi monitor setup. I will be coming out of the computer into the input of a VGA hub and exporting to 4 monitors (2 TVs, 1 Confidence Monitor, and a Second monitor for the computer). I want the computer to show proclaim, TVs and the second computer monitor to display the presentation, and the confidence monitor to display text. Is this possible with this setup? I will be hooking everything up this weekend when all the equipment comes in.

I guess my biggest question is it possible to go through a multi vga hub and tell what monitor to do what? Hope this makes sense.

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 17 2014 6:40 PM

I don't have two monitors so I just use my laptop and desktop with the program- Mouse without Borders. I use a wireless mouse and keyboard and It works great and has the speed of two computers.

Posts 408
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 17 2014 7:19 PM

Mark, which VGA hub do you have and what video card are you using? 

Generally VGA hubs only spilt a single signal and transmit that same image to different monitors.  If you want to output different signals to each monitor, your video card needs to support the number of monitors you intend to run.  For instance, I run a Dell U2913WM and 3 ASUS VN248H-P monitors off of a Radeon R9 280X with four independent outputs (1 Displayport, 1 HDMI, 2 DVI). 

Posts 29593
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 17 2014 7:47 PM

Mark Harrell:
I guess my biggest question is it possible to go through a multi vga hub and tell what monitor to do what?

I think you have misunderstood what the hub is used for. A hub is to send one image to multiple screens. You will need to have multiple outputs directly from your computer.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 8:41 AM

alabama24:

Mark Harrell:
I guess my biggest question is it possible to go through a multi vga hub and tell what monitor to do what?

I think you have misunderstood what the hub is used for. A hub is to send one image to multiple screens. You will need to have multiple outputs directly from your computer.

This has gotten easier as well with the arrival of USB to VGA(or HDMI, etc) outputs. 

My four monitors run on this kind of a setup, one USB cable to a USB HUB, from there an individual USB>VGA adapter for each monitor - I could run more than four if I had desk space.

There are plenty on the market, I've worked at staying with the DisplayLink Chipset. They mix and match well, with no significant problems.  And no need to crack open your computer.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS