D. A. Carson Sermon Collection - How could this happen??????

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 45
Clifford L. Frazier | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 18 2014 1:04 AM

I've been waiting for months for the release of the D.A. Carson Sermon Collection.  However, today, I was informed by my sales person at Logos that the collection has been retired for lack of interest.  How could this be???????  Thee preeminent scholar, preacher, and theologian of our time, and we retired the project?  How could this be?  Where are the Logos faithful?  Why didn't you show more interest?

I told my guy that I was sure that the lack of interest was a phantom lack as there were too many who just assumed that Carson was going to get published.  So, maybe the issue was because they assumed they didn't act.  This is an open letter to LOGOS - Publish Carson!!!!

I call on all Logos users to voice your support for this project.  #PublicCarsonNow   Retirement and Carson? μὴ γένοιτο!  Let me borrow a comment my collegiate professor wrote on my first freshman paper.  He gave me a B+ but then wrote, "You are given to an occasional malapropism."  I was so excited to have received a B+ that I didn't pay attention to the comment.  Only later did I look up the vocab to find its definition to be, 'the ridiculous misuse of words.'  Retirement and Carson?  A malapropism indeed.  BRING CARSON BACK (Caps for emphasis not volume)  Join the Movement! 

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 1:19 AM

Sorry about that... It is still gathering interest here: https://www.logos.com/product/41758/da-carson-sermon-archive

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 1:38 AM

I think the apparent lack of interest in this collection has surprised a lot of Logos users - especially given the popularity of Carson in March Madness. 

I'd love to see this collection make it to production - I'm definitely in! Yes

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 2:15 AM

Clifford, I double checked and I have already pre-pubed this resource.

Its a steal at its current price taking there is 553 sermons with audio and bonus video segments.

Posts 45
Clifford L. Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 8:25 AM

Yes, well there are some of us who did express interest in the pre-pub.  My point is apparently it was not enough for Logos to go ahead with the project.  Now, I just read Dan Pritchett's comment that it is still gathering interest.  So, I'm going to check back with my Logos sales person.  But I know he told me yesterday that they had retired the Carson project.  You can help us all though by voicing your interest in the project and by getting your friends and ministry colleagues to join the fray and #savecarson !!!

Posts 45
Clifford L. Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 8:27 AM

Are you the Dan Pritchett of Logos?  If so, are you saying that the Carson project is not retired or are you a forum member with a similar last name who has an old link.  I'm on a crusade as you can probably tell.  #bringcarsonback

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 8:36 AM

Clifford L. Frazier:
Are you the Dan Pritchett of Logos? 
Yes he is, the Logos Icon under his photo proves it.  :-)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 11532
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 8:38 AM

Clifford L. Frazier:

Are you the Dan Pritchett of Logos? 

Clifford,

you can see by the blue "Logos logo" beneath the avatar picture that he is.

And currently, https://www.logos.com/product/41758/da-carson-sermon-archive is at about 50% (which I don't quite understand, given that this is an amazing price compared with other such resources, and Carson has such a large fan-base in Logos.) Keep it up! 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 8:49 AM

Clifford L. Frazier:
You can help us all though by voicing your interest in the project and by getting your friends and ministry colleagues to join the fray and #savecarson !!!

The only thing that will bring this to publication is orders not hash tags. Let us encourage everyone to order.

And Clifford, never lose that enthusiasm.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 341
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 9:14 AM

I'm stunned it hasn't made it to production yet.

I make a monthly post here... https://community.logos.com/forums/t/86475.aspx?PageIndex=1 to remind others of this gem.

Sermons from a very scholarly perspective are among the most thrilling for anyone listening.  They typically include content never heard before.  This is a distinct, non-overlapping sermon resource.

And the price is cheeeeeeep.

Posts 45
Clifford L. Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 12:04 PM

Yes, encouraging people to order it is exactly what I'm doing. In fact I'm talking to a pastor in Columbus now. I sent him the link and he's going to order it. If we all work on this, I'm sure that we will prevail. BTW the hashtag was me trying to be funny.  

Posts 27
Sandro Polenta | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 12:31 PM

I would prefer to pay more than to lose this resource.

Posts 2089
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 12:45 PM

Clifford L. Frazier:

I've been waiting for months for the release of the D.A. Carson Sermon Collection.  However, today, I was informed by my sales person at Logos that the collection has been retired for lack of interest.  How could this be???????  Thee preeminent scholar, preacher, and theologian of our time, and we retired the project?  How could this be?  Where are the Logos faithful?  Why didn't you show more interest?

I told my guy that I was sure that the lack of interest was a phantom lack as there were too many who just assumed that Carson was going to get published.  So, maybe the issue was because they assumed they didn't act.  This is an open letter to LOGOS - Publish Carson!!!!

I call on all Logos users to voice your support for this project.  #PublicCarsonNow   Retirement and Carson? μὴ γένοιτο!  Let me borrow a comment my collegiate professor wrote on my first freshman paper.  He gave me a B+ but then wrote, "You are given to an occasional malapropism."  I was so excited to have received a B+ that I didn't pay attention to the comment.  Only later did I look up the vocab to find its definition to be, 'the ridiculous misuse of words.'  Retirement and Carson?  A malapropism indeed.  BRING CARSON BACK (Caps for emphasis not volume)  Join the Movement! 

All is well, Clifford. The project is still on track. The contract is signed. The files are in hand. I'm confident this product will make it.

The main reason it's not at 100% yet is the sizable production cost. There are two factors that make it more expensive than other sermon archive products:

1. In other cases, the sermons have already been transcribed. We just have to mark up the text files to take advantage of our system's features. With these, we're doing all of the transcription work manually from audio or video files.
  2. This is the first sermon archive product that includes audio and video along with text transcriptions.

No need to worry. It'll get there, and we have no intention of canceling it. Thanks for your enthusiasm for this project.

Posts 775
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 1:30 PM

Clifford L. Frazier:

Are you the Dan Pritchett of Logos?  If so, are you saying that the Carson project is not retired or are you a forum member with a similar last name who has an old link.  I'm on a crusade as you can probably tell.  #bringcarsonback

Hey Clifford,

I'm turning this around!  Are YOU the Clifford L Frazier of Logos?  If not, you should be.  Based on your enthusiasm I examined the sermon series and put in my order.

Thanks.

BTW: This thread would get better attention in the General forum where people talk more about products.  You might submit the topic there.

Posts 45
Clifford L. Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 1:33 PM

All Hail the Power of Jesus' name let angels prostrate fall.  That is my worship moment upon hearing this news.  I am grateful.  As, I've been calling my ministry friends and asking them to log on and purchase in advance.  I'm excited to hear that progress is being made.  If there is anything we can do to help, please call on us.  Thanks again.

Posts 45
Clifford L. Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 1:39 PM

I wish I did work for Logos.  I've been with them since they purchased CD Word from Hampton Keathley.   I have owned every iteration of Logos since then.  I'm a portfolio user and love the program.  Thanks for putting your order in.  If by chance you are not familiar with D.A. Carson's works, there is already a plethora of his material in the Logos library.  I recommend them all, but would put particular emphasis on his Exegetical Fallacies, and a more recent work, The Intolerance of Tolerance (wonderful).  And, no I am not a groupie.  Enjoy

Posts 2805
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 3:04 PM

Clifford L. Frazier:
All Hail the Power of Jesus' name let angels prostrate fall.  That is my worship moment upon hearing this news.

WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!! CLIFFORD,

Glad to see you have joined in this paean. You may be interested in this post and thread. Hope you will make yourself a regular to these forums I like your style. Geeked

-Beloved

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.1

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 6:48 PM

Like you Clifford I am a portfolio user, and find Logos a blessing. I am a pastor with a strong emphasis on teaching my congregation so that they can be mobilized for mission. How do you use logos?

Posts 67
Mike Cahill | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 7:18 PM

Glad to hear it is not being sacked!

Posts 45
Clifford L. Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 18 2014 9:54 PM

Thank you for writing Kelvin.  Without question Logos is my go to software for everything Bible.  Of course, I use L5 for all my seminary classes study as well as all my preparations for ministry at the church I pastor and for my itinerant ministry.  In Houston, I meet every month with a group of Pastors, Bishops and ministers to teach them how to use L5.   

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS