Enhanced Strong Concordance

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 20 2014 11:50 AM

I asked Logos for this book, but was told it was not planned since this can be done in Logos 5...I have spent a lot of time trying to fine how to get this, but to no avail..having the book would seem to be so much faster and easier...  I would like to get the following information for how Greek and Hebrew words are translated and get results like this:

The Enhanced Strong says it is used 44 times in the Old Testament, being translated in the KJV as, “ruler 20, prince 9, captain 6, leader 4, governor 3, nobles 1, excellent things 1.”

Everett, G. H. (2011). The Book of Proverbs (p. 182). Gary Everett.

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 3406
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 20 2014 12:16 PM

Chuck P.:
I asked Logos for this book, but was told it was not planned since this can be done in Logos 5

Hi Chuck,

Although I have the book you request I must agree with Logos' position with BWS (Bible Word Study) you don't need it. As I have thus implied though I have it I don't use it. If you really want it is still available as part of the excellent resource AMG Bible Essentials

If you need help with your BWS on the Hebrew lemma your interested in let me know, I'd be happy to give you that help.

-Beloved

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 20 2014 12:34 PM

I REALLY wonder just how much training the Logos customer-contact people get.  Or if they just fly-by-wire.

Enhanced Strongs is somewhat of a unique volume in Logos.  El Snob-isimos pan 'Strongs', even though their own greek/hebrew knowledgability is considerably worse than James Strong.   Frankly the penchant for 'more data' without 'more knowledge' isn't a big step above Strongs.

But the volume itself is indexed by BOTH greek and hebrew numbering schemes (often quite convenient), especially on an iPad. More interestingly it's also indexed to TWOT and TDNT.  And lastly, it has search fields you won't find in other lexicons (e.g. etymology, pronuniciation, etc).  Curiously odd.

I have all the big boys in my layouts but Enhanced Strongs is a quick study for a quick look.  AMG also is quite good along the same lines.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS