Morris Proctor's seminars; who is going this year?

Page 1 of 4 (70 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 69 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 8 2010 3:39 AM

I was just curious; who's planning to go to a Camp Logos in 2010; who would like to attend one, who has been to an L4 camp?

Call me curious...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 28
Anton E Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 4:14 AM

I'm going to Boston's Camp Logos.

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:41 AM

I went to the first one in Murfreesboro, TN . . . an excellent introduction to the new software. Morris Proctor does a good job of grounding you in the "what" and "where" things are and will definitely get you up to speed quickly. I'll probably take some of our other teaching Elders to another one later this year . . . I'd highly recommend the seminar!

Jerry

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:50 AM

Philadelphia in May

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:07 AM

I bought the L3 Camp Morris DVDs last May (obviously wish I had not now... lol)... They were very well done and an excellent resource....

I will probably wait for those and forgo the actual seminar... The DVDs are great for me because I do not have a very good memory, and I can go back and review them...

I do not know when/if any DVDs may come out for L4, but I'll at least wait untill the end of the year, and If they are not out by then, I may go to a seminar.

With L4 changing all the time (esp. durring the first year) I know that I would want to wait to attend a seminar otherwise, I'd be missing out on some of the very important features that will be a part of the program in the coming months... (which is why I will also wait to buy the manuals)

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:31 AM

Robert Pavich:

I was just curious; who's planning to go to a Camp Logos in 2010; who would like to attend one, who has been to an L4 camp?

Call me curious...

Dear Curious.....

I registered for the Henderson (North Carolina) L4 Seminar a few days ago and got the ad for it yesterday..heh. It's in February. For me it is only a 90-minute drive whereas at the L3 seminar this past summer it was a 10-hour drive plus an overnight. It's not often this kind of blessing shows up!!

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:40 AM

How about those who'd really like to go but cannot? Who's in that situation?

Robert Pavich

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:50 AM

I'd love to go and hopefully, one will be scheduled in south Austin, TX in the future....

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:58 AM

well, if we could persuade him to leave the States and come to the UK, I'd be interested..

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:12 AM

Charles C Pace:
I'd love to go and hopefully, one will be scheduled in south Austin, TX in the future....

there is one in Dallas in Feb Big Smile

Robert Pavich

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:21 AM

"there is one in Dallas in Feb"

I'm aware of that and I was aware with one in Houston last year, but as I get older I avoid the big cities and the traffic...that's why I also said south Austin....It's getting too much traffic too and I only live about 16 mile of south Austin...Went to a WorldView seminar in south Austin a few months ago...Logos was there and spent money with them....

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 9:17 AM

Strongly considering attending in Henderson, NC in February.  What do you honestly think -- considering I run L4 exclusively on an Asus EEE netbook with a memory upgrade to 2G, would attending benefit me?  Or would I just be spinning my wheels, limited in utilizing L4's capabilities due to my low-powered machine?  

Posts 1142
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:33 PM

Charles C Pace:

"there is one in Dallas in Feb"

I'm aware of that and I was aware with one in Houston last year, but as I get older I avoid the big cities and the traffic...that's why I also said south Austin....It's getting too much traffic too and I only live about 16 mile of south Austin...Went to a WorldView seminar in south Austin a few months ago...Logos was there and spent money with them....

So, I would vote for a "webinar" approach for those of us cannot physically make it to the live sessions.  The dvd series may not be out this year since it seems like Logos 4 will be adding new content throughout the year.  Morris, any ideas???

Posts 32461
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:34 PM

Probably Seattle in March

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:46 PM

It sounds like I have Logos 4 on the same computer including the upgrade, I also have Logos 4 on two other laptops that are more powerful.

I have not had any problems running Logos 4 on my Asus, although it runs slower, but I see no reason that would stop you from learning at the seminar.

One other point I would like to make I have already bought the two Logos 4 manuals, I was going to wait like some of you have suggested and they showed up in the mail.  I have such a sweet wife!  Any way these resources have been really great and have helped me out more than any other source.  I was also told by the company that updates would be sent to me through email, if there  were major changes.

This may not be true for all of you, but for me these manuals have made the difference of giving up on Logos 4 and going back to Libronix 3 and being able to actaully use and enjoy Logos 4 now!

If I am having a problem I can look in the index of the manual and go directly to the information, no more sitting for hours trying to find the information on the forum.  I bought this program to study the bible with, not spend all my time looking for answers on the forums on how to use the program.  These manuals have been a huge help to me.

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 1:23 PM

Thanks, Jim.  Guess I'll rustle up some $$ and register for the seminar.

Posts 19251
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 1:27 PM

If they'd do one in Vancouver, BC, I'd go. Actually, I suppose I could do the Bellingham one. I'd never considered going before -- I'd always kind of pooh-pooed the idea of having to go to a "training camp" to use software that should be more intuitive and/or have better documentation. But this time I might do it. If nothing else to see Bob and company and get to know some of the others in the Logos community, which I finally feel a part of.

Posts 58
Joel Ingram | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:55 PM

Just came back from one yesterday (SF area). It was very well done and most helpful. Logos benefited as well as I jumped to Scholar Plat. His L4 textbooks are good too. Go if you can - well worth it. Our group had about 35 in it. Cheers.

Posts 2832
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 4:51 PM

RalphAAbernethyIII:

Strongly considering attending in Henderson, NC in February.  What do you honestly think -- considering I run L4 exclusively on an Asus EEE netbook with a memory upgrade to 2G, would attending benefit me?  Or would I just be spinning my wheels, limited in utilizing L4's capabilities due to my low-powered machine?  

Will most likely be there if I can get away.

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 5:29 PM

Jim, thanks for the information on the manuals. I purchased a tutorial DVD and it's good, but I know it's not getting down to the detail that I desire. I'm certainly going to order the manuals now. 

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Page 1 of 4 (70 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS