"No Tabs" Option when working on smaller screens

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Matthew Armstrong | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 1 2014 7:01 AM

I'd love an option to turn off tabs in Logos 5 if I only have one window open in an area (see image for example). Tabs are great but when I'm working on a smaller screen real-estate is valuable and there's a good bit of unused space when I have a single tab displayed.

Thanks for all you do!

Posts 14
Joel Dougherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 6:49 PM

Good idea! You should post your suggestion here: https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6

Posts 27058
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 7:01 PM

How would this differ from Reading view? (F11)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 14
Joel Dougherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 3:39 PM

Reading view still displays tabs. 

Posts 18782
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 3:46 PM

Joel Dougherty:

Reading view displays tabs.

Really? That has not been my experience. You can turn of the Locator Bar in Reading View, BTW, in case that's what you're thinking of as "tabs" -- it doesn't automatically get turned off when you enter reading view, but if you press Shift+Ctrl+L (Or Cmd+Shift+L on a Mac) it will turn it off and give you more screen real estate, literally the entire screen:

Here's a screenshot of my entire Window screen (even the taskbar area at the bottom is covered up by Reading View):

EDIT: Note that the default column setting in reading view is Auto, which displays as many columns as will fit, but you can set it back to None (which is one column):

Note: To get at the panel menu when you're in reading view, you have to move your mouse up to the top of the screen and hover there, and then (yes) the tabs and the panel menu will appear, and you can click on the panel menu to chose your column settings. But they disappear when you move your mouse anywhere else besides the very top of the screen.

EDIT2: Here's what that last screen looks like when I'm hovering my mouse at the top of the screen. But as shown above, the tabs disappear when the mouse is anywhere else.

Posts 27058
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 3:47 PM

odd it doesn't for me ... full screen print

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 14
Joel Dougherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 4:10 PM
Rosie Perera:
Here's what that last screen looks like when I'm hovering my mouse at the top of the screen. But as shown above, the tabs disappear when the mouse is anywhere else.
Thanks for explaining this. The hover effect does not work for me. My screen always looks like the last screenshot. Am I missing something?
Posts 18782
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 5:05 PM

Joel Dougherty:
Rosie Perera:
Here's what that last screen looks like when I'm hovering my mouse at the top of the screen. But as shown above, the tabs disappear when the mouse is anywhere else.
Thanks for explaining this. The hover effect does not work for me. My screen always looks like the last screenshot. Am I missing something?

Hmm, that's odd. Are you on a Mac or Windows? MJ and I are on Windows, so maybe it's a case of feature parity not being quite up to snuff on the Mac side. Or maybe that is considered "un-Mac-like" UI behavior and they've chosen not to do it on the Mac on purpose.

Posts 14
Joel Dougherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 12 2015 5:25 AM

I use Logos 6 for Mac. Those are both plausible explanations, I suppose. Still, I'm interested to hear why this feature isn't working. Thanks to you both for replying to this thread.

Posts 4689
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 12 2015 5:56 AM

Hi Joel

You are right - it seems that the Mac iterations of Logos (both stable and beta) continue to show the tabs at the top of the screen.

I don't use 'Reading View' much as I tend to use the 'Full Screen' setting so that the 'Logos Box' operates in a space of its own.

Posts 18782
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 12 2015 10:42 AM

This needs to be reposted as a bug on the Logos 6 forum then, and make a note that it affects Mac only. Logos is supposed to have feature parity between Windows and Mac except where it would violate Mac UI guidelines. On this one I'm not sure, since I don't know the Mac well enough, but someone from Faithlife is more likely to see it and weigh in on a thread if it's posted in the Logos 6 forum anyway. And they'll know the answer to that.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS