Master Journal Bundle (1001 vols.) No Dynamic Pricing

Page 9 of 11 (209 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next >
This post has 208 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 853
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 6 2014 1:01 PM

But on the other hand, this early listing [w/ all its faults] does generate interest from a business perspective and allows for some interaction with users which CAN mean a better final offering for all of us. Win-Win ?

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 6 2014 4:46 PM

Ron Corbett:

But on the other hand, this early listing [w/ all its faults] does generate interest from a business perspective and allows for some interaction with users which CAN mean a better final offering for all of us. Win-Win ?

Maybe this apparent gaffe was very strategic and intentional. ;)

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 6 2014 9:13 PM

Ryan B:

I don't know if others have any interest but I would love to see the peer-reviewed Philosophia Christi from the Evangelical Philosophical Society added to the bundle.

YesYesYes

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 6 2014 10:39 PM

Mark Smith:

Phil Gons:
but some of these have exclusive agreements

Those are the words we don't want to hear but were afraid we would hear. For the sake of full disclosure and to allow your customers to make informed decisions, would you tell us which journals have exclusive agreements?

Stephen Steele:

Phil Gons:
but some of these have exclusive agreements

Does this include any in the old TJLs?
And if so are these going to remain permanently/indefinitely unavailable in Logos now that TJL 1-15 have been pulled?

I don't have many of the details at this point. I heard that The Master's Seminary may have signed an exclusive with ATLA, which would mean that Galaxie wouldn't be able to carry updates either (their last update was 2007). We've been in talks with ATLA though, and it looks like we might be able to work around it and get it. No promises yet.

I'm not aware of any other exclusives at this point. Our Publisher Relations department is at the Frankfurt Book Fair this week. I should have a better sense of the licensing situation in the next week or two.

The sense I get is that the prospect of getting 90% or more of the Galaxie content is really good.

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 6 2014 10:43 PM

Lynden Williams:

Phil, I have not followed the entire thread, and this may have been recommended.

1. Break the collections up into smaller size bites.

• Small
  • Medium Size
  • Large
  • Mega
  • With dynamic pricing of course.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm concerned that this is too arbitrary. I don't think we'll go this direction. We plan to move forward with what I outlined earlier: Master, Theology, Academic, TJL Upgrade, and individual collections per journal.

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 6 2014 10:49 PM

Ryan B:

I don't know if others have any interest but I would love to see the peer-reviewed Philosophia Christi from the Evangelical Philosophical Society added to the bundle.

On the wishlist. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posts 1829
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 6 2014 10:49 PM

Phil,

I know I will buy whatever you'll offer, but would you please make the price sweeter for students? Pretty please?

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 6 2014 10:54 PM

Robert Peters:

I am going to recommend something maybe a bit ambitious.... if you are having a hard time with licensing issues you can always bypass that process and start having Faithlife journals. I recommend these categories/journals

1. OT Studies

2. NT Studies

3. Pastoral Studies 

4. Theological studies 

We've had some discussions about starting a journal. It's a possibility at some point.

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 6 2014 10:56 PM

mike:

Phil,

I know I will buy whatever you'll offer, but would you please make the price sweeter for students? Pretty please?

We will have academic prices, but they almost certainly won't be quite as good as the Pre-Pub prices.

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 7 2014 8:20 AM

Phil Gons:
The sense I get is that the prospect of getting 90% or more of the Galaxie content is really good.

That is encouraging. (But it sure seems to have taken a great deal of time to get to this 'prospect'. I don't know how licensing agreements get done so that may not be unusual.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8
Joel Knudsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 7 2014 8:53 AM

I would appreciate the Journal of Spiritual Formation & Soul Care included in a journal collection.

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 7 2014 9:04 AM

Mark Smith:

Phil Gons:

That is encouraging. (But it sure seems to have taken a great deal of time to get to this 'prospect'. I don't know how licensing agreements get done so that may not be unusual.)

Mark, I draft and negotiate IP license agreements for a living and they usually takes months (in some cases years) to negotiate. A quick negotiation is usually the exception. I am actually surprised that Logos has been able to accomplish this much so quickly. 

Posts 676
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 7 2014 9:35 AM

Along those lines I would like the follow 

Christian Education Journal 

Great Commission research Journal

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 7 2014 11:07 AM

Erik:
A quick negotiation is usually the exception. I am actually surprised that Logos has been able to accomplish this much so quickly. 

That's helpful to know. Thanks.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 7 2014 12:52 PM

Here's a probing question. Any chance of wooing Galaxie back to the table? Most have been very satisfied with their offering. 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 7 2014 12:56 PM

Beloved:

Here's a probing question. Any chance of wooing Galaxie back to the table? Most have been very satisfied with their offering. 

Logos has been trying for some time now. The current move to fly solo is due to the fact that an agreement is not in the near future.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 7:44 AM

The product still says it is temporarily unavailable for purchase. Phil, do you know when it will be available for pre-pub?

Posts 188
Si | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 8:25 AM

Would you consider adding the Journal of the Evangelical Homiletics Society (JEHS)? See http://ehomiletics.com/journal/about/ 

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 11:40 AM

_:
 Journal of the Evangelical Homiletics Society (JEHS)

Yes, please do! YesYes

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 8:26 PM

Phil,

Any chance of adding the Journel of Biblical Counseling https://www.logos.com/product/18545/journal-of-biblical-counseling

Page 9 of 11 (209 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > | RSS