Welcome to Logos 4! Thanks, but now that I've read it . . .

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 147
Scott H. Clark | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:33 PM

I personally like the home page.  I like almost everything about L4.  It is a work of art in many ways.  One thing I am unable to figure out, though, is how to  get the "Welcome" message to disappear from my homepage.  It has moved to page 2 and has been there for weeks.  Is there a way to get rid of that piece of text.  The customize options allow me to turn everything else on and off, but not this (that I can figure anyway). 

Thanks for the help in advance. 

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:34 PM

Scott Howard Clark:

I personally like the home page.  I like almost everything about L4.  It is a work of art in many ways.  One thing I am unable to figure out, though, is how to  get the "Welcome" message to disappear from my homepage.  It has moved to page 2 and has been there for weeks.  Is there a way to get rid of that piece of text.  The customize options allow me to turn everything else on and off, but not this (that I can figure anyway). 

Thanks for the help in advance. 

The release notes on the Beta forum says that this has been fixed so 4.0b will no longer display the "Welcome" message perpetually.

Posts 147
Scott H. Clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:36 PM

Many thanks. . . I should've expected that this was already on the "radar screen". 

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 3:38 PM

Perhaps Logos just wanted you to always feel very welcome Geeked

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 4:32 PM

Hi Scott,

Have you already tried F5 (Refresh)? Although I can't verify that it'll remove the welcome message (since it isn't displayed on mine), supposedly the home page is mostly ad hoc (built from scratch) & a refresh will cause it to build anew (not start over).

It's worth a shot, anyway. Smile

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 147
Scott H. Clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 5:01 PM

Bill,

I've F5'd the Home before (not this week, though) and it has remained.  It's really not a big deal.  It's just additional clutter that I no longer need.  Just curious, though, are you running the 4.0b Beta?  If so that would confirm the earlier post that it has been corrected there.  If not, then I am jealous.  Big Smile

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:38 PM

Hi Scott,

I am running the current beta (afflicted with Complsive Beta Disease, CBD), but I was also one of the original beta testers last year. The welcome screen has been gone for so long I no longer remember how it left. I do remember getting tired of it--like you, though. Sorry I wasn't more help. 

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:40 PM

Scott Howard Clark:
One thing I am unable to figure out, though, is how to  get the "Welcome" message to disappear from my homepage.

Scott the good news is that this will very slowly "retreat" towards the end of your items. As you probably know the Home Page regenerates sometime after Midnight each evening. Newer material is then placed at the "front" end. Older material continues to therefore move (backwards?) etc.

My "welcome" is now the second last item on my Home Page.

We hope that you, too, will  soon "wear out" your "welcome"!  Smile

Regards

Steve F

Regards, SteveF

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 3:21 AM

Stephen Filyer:
cott the good news is that this will very slowly "retreat" towards the end of your items

The Welcome notice is the most persistent item on the Home Page. I installed L4 on Nov 4, and I am still welcome. Other items come and go, but the Welcome lives on and on and on. Actually, I wish the entire Home Page had a faster turn over.

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 3:53 AM

JackCaviness:

The Welcome notice is the most persistent item on the Home Page. I installed L4 on Nov 4, and I am still welcome. Other items come and go, but the Welcome lives on and on and on. Actually, I wish the entire Home Page had a faster turn over.

I installed Logos on Oct 15, and I still have the welcome message. I keep the Home Page turned off, though, so it's a moot point for me.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 5:39 AM

I am running SR-2, and on my desktop today I noticed that the Welcome article is now #2 on the left side!  I hit F5 a lot to see what new pictures etc. it can bring up (I really like that feature!) Oops I just checked - it is #4 on my laptop, but still fitting into the leftmost column (I have everything selected to display on both home pages, I hate hidden information Geeked

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS