Can speaker labels be searched?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 8 2014 12:00 AM

Can speaker labels or the reported speech dataset be searched? With other words can I search for all the speeches of one particular person? This of course would include more than just the initial verse where the speaker is labeled if the speech is longer than one verse.

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 12:06 AM

Ok, here is what I would like to do:

I'd like to find all the places where Job in the book of Job asks questions, or all the questions that Job asks. Then as a further step I'd like to look at all the verses where Job questions God, i.e. where God is the object of the question. So first step all the questions Job asks and then the second step single out all the questions that are addressed to God.

I've already asked how to search for questions here. Thanks for your help.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

Schumitinu:

Can speaker labels or the reported speech dataset be searched?

This is something we plan to add in a future version of the software.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

This is available in Logos 6: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92764.aspx 

Posts 27258
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 5:38 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Schumitinu:

Can speaker labels or the reported speech dataset be searched?

This is something we plan to add in a future version of the software.

It would be good to have Clause search handle a query like Speaker:Job Object:God

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 4:42 PM

Dave Hooton:

It would be good to have Clause search handle a query like Speaker:Job Object:God

How come Clause search does not handle {Speaker <X>}? I thought if any search can handle it, it would be Clause search.

Assuming you mean the addressee with Object I'd use semantic roles for this: {Speaker <Person Job>} AND Experiencer:God
But then again, semantic roles can only be searched in a Clause search which doesn't handle Speaker labels. Doesn't work neither...

Posts 27258
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 22 2015 3:43 AM

It comes down to FL making Speakers available in Clause Search as  {Speaker <Person X>} is incorrect syntax; designed only for text searches.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS