Logos 5.2b Service Release 5 (5.2.2.1569) now available

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 8 2014 2:21 PM

5.2b Service Release 5 (5.2.2.1569) is available for download.

If you have automatic updates turned on, 5.2b SR-5 will be downloaded automatically the next time you start the program, or you can update manually by entering Update now in the Command Box.

You can also manually install 5.2b SR-5 from the appropriate link:

Mac
Windows

Release Notes

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 25
Mike Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 3:52 PM

Thanks for the fix.  But I can't help but think how are the other SR-4 folk going to be able to update if they don't use this forum?

Posts 135
Daniel Liu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 4:45 PM

In order to install Mac version, I have to get rid of old version first.  Otherwise I can not quit Logos program.  Window version looks fine for me.

Posts 30823
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 4:49 PM

Daniel Liu:
In order to install Mac version, I have to get rid of old version first.  Otherwise I can not quit Logos program.

???

If you downloaded beta 4, you will have to download the engine and install in manually. Logos should not be running when you do this. Are you saying something else?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 135
Daniel Liu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 4:52 PM

I download manually. If I install new Mac version before I remove old version, the newly install Logos cannot quit when I apply command Q key.

Posts 1863
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 4:53 PM

Mike Wilson:

Thanks for the fix.  But I can't help but think how are the other SR-4 folk going to be able to update if they don't use this forum?

I would hope that they will send out some sort of email or make some other kind of notification of the problem. If not, like you, I believe a lot of others will never get another update.

Posts 9205
LogosEmployee

Mike Wilson:

We believe we've identified a way to work around the problem and deliver the SR-5 update to all SR-4 users. I don't have a timeframe for delivering this fix yet, sorry.

In the meantime, we recommend manually updating to SR-5.

Posts 103
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 7:07 PM

Daniel Liu:
I download manually. If I install new Mac version before I remove old version, the newly install Logos cannot quit when I apply command Q key.

This didn't happen for me. I simply quit Logos, installed the new one, selecting the option to replace the existing install, and then started the new one. Cmd+Q works just fine on the new install.

Posts 135
Daniel Liu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 7:25 PM

Thanks let know another option.

Posts 5993
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 11:56 PM

Daniel Liu:

In order to install Mac version, I have to get rid of old version first.  Otherwise I can not quit Logos program.  Window version looks fine for me.

Hi Daniel

This is not my experience.

I quit my existing installation of Logos

I downloaded the engine from the link (to my 'Downloads' folder.

Once it was downloaded I opened the DMG file and responded to the pop up windows.

Having dragged the new installation over the apps folder icon in the window that opened as a result of the DMG file I simply opted to replace the existing installation.

This was on a MacBook Air with OS X 10.9

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 2864
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 2:45 AM

Are there Verbum versions available for PC/Mac? These downloads are for Logos.exe.

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 5:37 AM

Mike Binks:

Daniel Liu:

Hi Daniel

This is not my experience.

I quit my existing installation of Logos

I downloaded the engine from the link (to my 'Downloads' folder.

Once it was downloaded I opened the DMG file and responded to the pop up windows.

Having dragged the new installation over the apps folder icon in the window that opened as a result of the DMG file I simply opted to replace the existing installation.

This was on a MacBook Air with OS X 10.9

I had the same painless experience on my MacBook Pro, running OSX 10.9.5.  I downloaded the disk image, and simply did a replace of the existing application. 

Posts 1
S Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 6:03 AM

Update fails in Windows 10 (technical preview) and am now locked out of the software in an update loop. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Posts 205
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 6:11 AM

Scott Peterson:

Update fails in Windows 10 (technical preview) and am now locked out of the software in an update loop. Any suggestions are appreciated.

try right-clicking on Logos program icon and then click "Run as administrator"

Posts 9205
LogosEmployee

Scott Peterson:

Please follow the instructions here: https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/error-writing-to-file 

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 8:55 AM

Don Awalt:

Are there Verbum versions available for PC/Mac? These downloads are for Logos.exe.

My bad! Here are the stable Verbum links Smile

Verbum Windows

Verbum Mac

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 2864
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 10:05 AM

Thanks! Works great on Windows. My Mac is now on the 53 beta Surprise

Posts 9205
LogosEmployee

Dylan Rondeau:
Due to an issue in 5.2b SR-4, if you have updated to SR-4 you will need to download and manually install 5.2b SR-5

This problem has now been fixed; 5.2b SR-4 should automatically update itself to SR-5.

Posts 135
Daniel Liu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:28 AM

Mike and Kevin, thanks for your suggestions.

Posts 3790
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 7:23 PM

thanks.

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS