How can I do this?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8
Jerry D. Thompson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:18 PM

In L4, I have some Bible text that I have marked up with the Highlighter.  Various symbols, highlighting and such.  I tried to cut and paste a single paragraph of what I had marked up  into my word processor, but all I had after I did so was the Bible text itself.   The symbols and highlighting were not there.  So, how do I do a cut and paste of what I have marked up into my word processor, since I cannpt print it directly from L4?  Is there a way to do this, or am I just stuck?

Thanks,  Jerry

Posts 33231
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:19 PM

To the best of my knowledge one has to use a screen capture.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:21 PM

Windows snipping tool would be handy for this, if you don't mind just having a jpeg instead of text that you can edit...

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 8
Jerry D. Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:28 PM

OK,  Thanks Everyone!  I guess that's what I'll have to do.  Does anyone know if we will ever have this capability?

Thanks,  Jerry

Posts 9517
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:33 PM

JerryDThompson:
Does anyone know if we will ever have this capability?

Don't know but since this has never been possible in Logos, I don't imagine it is planned.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:50 PM

This ability was not even in version three. The difficulty is that Logos offers a wide range of visual markups that are not standards across all of the word processors and presentation programs in which we might want to paste information.

However, there are some visual markups that add characters to the text like "[brackets]" these will transfer with copy and paste.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS