Sermons and Illustration Resources in L4 - Am I dreaming or are my sermons really in L4 now?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 121
Mark Watson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:58 PM

Wanting to know if anyone else is seeing these "new" resources.

Posts 19579
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:00 PM

Where are you seeing them? Are you talking about your sermons being imported from Logos 3? Hmm, I didn't think that was coming for a while. I didn't have any so I can't check.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:05 PM

If you used the Sermon File addin in Libronix it created a book file stored in your resource folder. When you installed Logos 4 it pulled that book file into its resource folder. However, you will not be able to add to your sermons in Logos 4. If you want to keep expanding your sermons and illustrations you will have to add them in Libronix and use the scan command in Logos 4 to update its copy of your sermons and illustrations. Eventually Logos 4 will be able to handle sermons and illustrations.

Posts 121
Mark Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:06 PM

Rosie Perera:

Where are you seeing them? Are you talking about your sermons being imported from Logos 3? Hmm, I didn't think that was coming for a while. I didn't have any so I can't check.

I just opened L4 today and was looking in the "Library" for resources by Richard Watson and saw that I have both the "Illustrations of Mark Watson" and the "Sermons of Mark Watson" as two new "books / resources".  (I don't have but one sermon and one illustration, but I had purchased Rob Morgan's Sermon Files 1 & 2 from a Morris Proctor Seminar back in 2007.  All of these were imported / migrated from L3 to L4 based on my latest discovery.

So pass the word to all the pastors out there with Sermons and Illustrations from L3. - Hopefully, I am correct.

Posts 121
Mark Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:09 PM

Kevin Becker:

If you used the Sermon File addin in Libronix it created a book file stored in your resource folder. When you installed Logos 4 it pulled that book file into its resource folder. However, you will not be able to add to your sermons in Logos 4. If you want to keep expanding your sermons and illustrations you will have to add them in Libronix and use the scan command in Logos 4 to update its copy of your sermons and illustrations. Eventually Logos 4 will be able to handle sermons and illustrations.

Kevin, Sorry I was slow responding to Rosie, I now understand after reading your post reply.  Thanks.  Do you have any instructions concerning adding new sermons to L4?  I need step by step most of the time...that is why I have purchased Morris Proctor Training Manuals and have gone to the trainings!

Posts 19579
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:10 PM

Mark Watson:

Rosie Perera:

I just opened L4 today and was looking in the "Library" for resources by Richard Watson and saw that I have both the "Illustrations of Mark Watson" and the "Sermons of Mark Watson" as two new "books / resources".  (I don't have but one sermon and one illustration, but I had purchased Rob Morgan's Sermon Files 1 & 2 from a Morris Proctor Seminar back in 2007.  All of these were imported / migrated from L3 to L4 based on my latest discovery.

So pass the word to all the pastors out there with Sermons and Illustrations from L3. - Hopefully, I am correct.

What version are you running? (From the About box.)

Posts 121
Mark Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:13 PM

Rosie Perera:
What version are you running? (From the About box.)

4.0a SR-2(4.01.3.4767)

I may have had these all along from what Kevin posted; however, I just searched for books by "Watson" tonight.

Posts 19579
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:27 PM

Mark Watson:

I may have had these all along from what Kevin posted; however, I just searched for books by "Watson" tonight.

Incidentally, I just searched for "Rosie Perera" in my entire library today, just for kicks, and was pleased (though not surprised) to find this (in NICOT):

I was one of a group of Bruce Waltke's students whom he invited over to his house a couple of times to help him proofread his commentary. I proofread one chapter, checked the Scripture references in all its footnotes, etc.

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:50 PM

Mark Watson:
I may have had these all along

I downloaded my first beta around the time of the first weekend of September.

I am pretty sure that both "My illustrations" and "My Sermons" were there then after the SCAN of my L3 Resource drawer.

They certainly arrived VERY early last Fall during that beta process.

Steve F

Regards, SteveF

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 4:59 AM

Mark Watson:
Do you have any instructions concerning adding new sermons to L4?

1. Open Libronix and import new sermons with the sermon file addin.
  2. Click compile
  3. Open Logos 4 and type "scan c:path/to/Libronix/books" (without the quotations and with the folder path were you installed your Libronix library) and hit ENTER
  4. Restart Logos 4, it should find your updated sermons and illustrations, copy them to the Logo 4 resource folder, and index them.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS