Indonesian Bibles

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Jason Mc | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 20 2014 10:21 PM

Hi Logos staff

Can you please make Indonesian Bibles available?

250 million people speak Indonesian. It is the 4th most populous nation in the world.

I have the Indonesian Bibles for Logos on the desktop but they are not available on mobile. Can you please please please make them available on mobile?

Jason

Posts 1877
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 21 2014 3:31 AM

Hi Jason,

Care to share where did you get your Indonesian Bible from? I've been looking for one.

Posts 21
Jason Mc | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 6:22 AM

Hi Mike

It was available on Indonesian Bible society years ago in the Libronix days. http://www.alkitab.or.id/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=101&Itemid=2

I got it then but it is not available now. It works on desktop but not on mobile apps. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

I hope Logos gets licensing for it so we can use it on mobile apps.

Posts 1877
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 6:32 AM

Wow, that is very nice.

I hope Logos can make a second deal with the Indonesian Bible Society.

Because I believe the regular bible app on iOS and Android (LifeChurch.tv) has it in there for free!

Is there someone in Logos that we can talk to so this would happen?

Posts 21
Jason Mc | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 7:39 PM

Yes. Many other apps and online sites have the Indonesian Bibles for free - as you said, youversion Bible is free, as is Bible.is.

Olivetree charges $16. I would be very happy to pay for it on Logos.

As Mike said, is there anyone from Logos who can comment?

Posts 21
Jason Mc | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 7:41 PM

I sent an email to suggest@logos.com the other day

Hi Logos staff

Could you please consider making Indonesian Bibles available (for mobile)? I read this from Bob Pritchett in response to a question about translations. "The biggest issue is usually securing files and permission from the copyright holder, not the cost of production. If you email suggest@logos.com with the text and the contact info for the publisher, we can look into it."   In the past Logos had Indonesian translations, i.e. I have the Indonesian Bibles (purchased from the Indonesian Bible society - Logos 3) on desktop but not on mobile.    Contact details for the Indonesian Bible Society. See below.   I am an Australian teaching at a Bible college in Indonesia, 7 years, if you need help in translating emails, I am happy to help.   Thank you for considering obtaining the licensing rights to Indonesian Bibles.   Jason

http://www.alkitab.or.id/

Contact Us - Indonesian Bible Society

• Kantor Pusat - Central Office

Alamat/address Jl. Salemba Raya No. 12 Jakarta 10430 INDONESIA
Email address info@alkitab.or.id --------- Global Information
penyebaran@alkitab.or.id ----Distribution & marketing
gema@alkitab.or.id -------Donation
Telephone (62-021)-3142890/ (62-0251) 8335593(hunting)
Fax (62-021)-3101061
Information Office Hours - 8 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS