Update will not install on Logos 5

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28
Allen Dearing | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 22 2014 1:41 PM

Logos 5 tells me everytime I open it that "update is ready to be installed"  If I click "YES" the Windows Installer opens and It is "preparing to install"  Then after about 10 seconds, a Logos 5 message pops up that says "Logos 5 Prerequistes is already installed"  Clicking OK (only option) brings up "The installation of the Logos Prerequistes did not succeed" and clicking OK then mean Logos does not open.

If I click "NO" in the first step, then Logos 5 loads properly.

What is causing this error message every time I tell it to upgrade?

Posts 29903
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 2:13 PM

Does this wiki article help?

https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/windows-installer 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27232
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 4:09 PM

Allen Dearing:
What is causing this error message every time I tell it to upgrade?

If the installer link doesn't help we will need to see the recent xxxSetup and xxxInstall log files in \Documents\Logos Log Files. Please zip them together and upload via the paper-clip icon.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 28
Allen Dearing | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 7:02 AM

When I run the installer manually I get the same messages as before.

I looked under - Documents-Logos log files and found neither a setup or an install log file so since it was full of small error logs I went ahead a zipped them all and will attach them.2781.LogosIndexer.zip

Posts 27232
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 3:21 AM

Allen Dearing:
When I run the installer manually I get the same messages as before.

Right click on Setup and select "Run as Administrator"

That failing, I would suggest uninstall Logos5 and Prerequisites, delete the Logos5 folder and then reinstall.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 28
Allen Dearing | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 7:44 AM

It is not a really big deal - at least I think not.  What are "Prerequisites" and why do they need to be updated?  Is this keeping me from installing other updates to the system?  Is it keeping me from using some features?  I seem to be getting along just fine without them and frankly I really don't want to go through the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling unless it is very important.  It takes hours to install due to the large number of books I have and also I have extensive notes that would have to be backed up and restored after installing. 

What difference does it make if I don't install Prerequisite updates?

Posts 27232
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 2:21 PM

Allen Dearing:
It is not a really big deal - at least I think not. 

You are running version 5.2a SR-1 when the current version is 5.2b SR-6, so this could prevent you from reading newer resources or it has a problem that was fixed in 5.2b.

Allen Dearing:
What are "Prerequisites" and why do they need to be updated?

Prerequisites installs fonts and any system programs like .NET or DirectX that Logos needs. It requires Admin privilege to install these programs. If it doesn't install Logos may not work or some features may not be available.

So try running Setup with Admin privilege as suggested.

Allen Dearing:
I really don't want to go through the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling unless it is very important.

You can backup the Resources folder before uninstalling Logos and use Method 3 to avoid downloading

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS