Inconsistent Bible text format

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 23 2014 2:37 AM

I am not sure what accounts for the different look of the different Bible problems (justification, where verse numbers are located in relation to the text, spacing) but some texts are much more pleasant (in my opinion) to read than others. In the example below, the NASB neatly separates verses and the paragraphs are also more neatly arranged. By contrast the ESV and LSG only propose BLOCKS. READING BLOCKS IS AS PLEASANT AS READING THESE CAPITALS RIGHT NOW. YOU NOTICE HOW I DID NOT CREATE A SEPARATE PARAGRAPH. HOW PLEASANT IS THAT TO READ? IS IT POSSIBLE TO IMPROVE ON THIS AT SOME POINT PLEASE?

Posts 149
Timothy Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 6:35 AM

You can turn off justification in program settings.

You can separate verses by checking "Bible text only" in the visual filter. See https://wiki.logos.com/Visual_Filter_Menu

Windows 8.1 64-bit, Core i5-3330, 8GB RAM

Posts 30476
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 6:57 AM

Francis:
I am not sure what accounts for the different look of the different Bible

Some of the discrepancy between translations relates to the publishers. Some translations are published in "verse by verse" (i.e. NASB) while others are published in paragraph form (ESV). Also compare the "message."

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1535
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 7:59 AM

Adjusting the setting for line spacing can also help make the text look more natural. 

My ESV does have paragraph breaks (with Jn 6:1-14 as one large paragraph).

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS