New Feature: Visual Copy

Page 3 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 54 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 11:40 AM

Got it. Looks like you're sending selected text to Visual Copy, as opposed to a Bible reference. If you click the Reference option shown in the image below it will send the reference and automatically use a different background which supports the passage reference and version.

Posts 694
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 12:32 PM

Scott - that was it!

I feel like a doofus now. Sad

Thank you so much.

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 15
Luc-Olivier Décoppet | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 7:54 AM

Hello,

I saw on a tutorial on Visual Copy, that you can have the "Day art". I try it, but among the different templates, I don't see it. I try with the verse and the Bible they use in the tutorials, but nothing.

I'm using a mac, I have the Biblical languages package (with Logos 6), I'm using Logos in French : did one of these things prevents me to have the "Day art" ?

Thanks

Posts 4686
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 9:17 AM

Luc-Olivier Décoppet:

Hello,

I saw on a tutorial on Visual Copy, that you can have the "Day art". I try it, but among the different templates, I don't see it. I try with the verse and the Bible they use in the tutorials, but nothing.

I'm using a mac, I have the Biblical languages package (with Logos 6), I'm using Logos in French : did one of these things prevents me to have the "Day art" ?

Thanks

Hi Luc-Olivier

Welcome to the forums. I hope that somebody here can give you a definitive answer to your question.

The best way to get help is not to tack a new question onto the end of an old thread but to start a new one. New questions tend to get lost or ignored due to people thinking that the thread has been adequately dealt with and not returning to it. A descriptive title for a new thread really helps as well.

Just to say that when I saw your post I gave it a try on my iMac and MacBook - in both cases the 'Verse of the Day popped up as the first item.

Posts 15
Luc-Olivier Décoppet | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 10:29 AM

Thanks for your advice, I will start a new thread.

I tried on Windows 7 and there too, it doesn't work...

Posts 2725
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2015 7:32 AM

The more I try to use Visual Copy the disappointed I get in it. But I'm hopeful. One thing that it really needs to do is suggest backgrounds based on the content of the quote. You'd think a quote from the Romans 6:9-10 section of the New American Commentary that mentions both the cross and the resurrection would offer a background that shows either a cross or an empty tomb.

Posts 694
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2015 7:36 AM

I agree, Kevin. When it was announced, I was really excited for the feature. It turned out to be a dud for me; I don't even try using it anymore.

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 515
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2015 2:20 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
One thing that it really needs to do is suggest backgrounds based on the content of the quote

I agree as well. As a Sunday School teacher that has a room equipped with a projector, Visual Copy was the best tool in L6 that I didn;t even know I needed. I still use it all the time. But I was just thinking the other day it would be nice if my highlighted quote wouldn't go to the same background every time (the one with palm trees; I have Logos Now.) I think it should be easy for Logos to build in some basic algorithms to look for certain words, and target certain backgrounds based on those words. The results may not be acceptable to the user every time, but it would be better than the way it is set up right now.

Posts 515
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2015 2:34 PM

To add further to what I was saying, I think that if Logos is going to keep the behavior of the quote going into the palm tree background all the time (because it is the first one), then at least they ought to put a generic vanilla background as the first one. I use the palm tree background sometimes, but I don't want to use it all the time! (And changing it adds to the workflow).

But don't get me wrong----VC is a great feature, Logos!

Posts 1
Rhea Padellford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 11:56 AM

I like the visual copy feature, just a question though. Is it possible to import a custom slide background to use, rather than the options that are given? Thanks

Posts 27801
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 12:01 PM

Rhea Padellford:

I like the visual copy feature, just a question though. Is it possible to import a custom slide background to use, rather than the options that are given? Thanks

Sorry, no.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 669
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2016 9:51 AM

Will we eventually be able to use out own images in Visual copy? 

Posts 27801
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2016 10:44 AM

Michael Lyman:

Will we eventually be able to use out own images in Visual copy? 

No idea, but FL rarely comments on future features. The standard response is to create a suggestion on uservocie. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2
Mike Massey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2018 7:20 AM

It's been three years, are you still busy?

Posts 22079
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2018 8:52 AM

Mike Massey:

It's been three years, are you still busy?

Sorry Mike but it’s not clear what you are referring to.

Are you having problems with Visual Copy?

If so, please provide details 

Page 3 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS