New Feature: Books.Logos.com

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 172
LogosEmployee
Jonathan J Watson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 24 2014 2:16 PM

What is it?

Books.Logos.com provides you with access to over 8,000 hard-to-find theological resources. We visited some of the best theological libraries in America and scanned thousands of classic works into our system, making rare, yet revolutionary Christian texts available to everyone.

How does it work? 

Simply enter your search into the new Everything Search bar or the Topic Guide, and within your results you’ll get links to relevant resources on Books.Logos.com. Search these resources by Bible verse, title, or author. And with a click, add these titles to your Logos library for better integration into the software.

How do I get it? 

A 2-year subscription to Books.Logos.com comes with Feature Crossgrade and higher, and Gold level base packages and higher. 

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 4:20 PM

This is an amazing feature, especially for Theology Students.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 4:20 PM

Do we know what the cost is after the 2 year subscription?  And, if you don't renew, do those resources stay in your library?

How to upload logs

Posts 26026
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 4:24 PM

You never really "have" the resources - you have access to a scan of them similar to some of the online archive libraries. It's been available as a separate sire for several years but I don't know at what cost.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 4:30 PM

MJ. Smith:

You never really "have" the resources - you have access to a scan of them similar to some of the online archive libraries. It's been available as a separate sire for several years but I don't know at what cost.

Yeah I understand that but it said you can add the work to your library for further integration.  I have used the external site for a while, though I usually gave up on it.

How to upload logs

Posts 26026
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 4:33 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Yeah I understand that but it said you can add the work to your library for further integration.

Oops - I beta-tested and never noticed thatEmbarrassed

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4
LogosEmployee
Kamira Rea | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 4:40 PM

A number of the books in the Popular section on books.logos.com can be added to your Logos library by logging in and clicking the "Send to Logos Desktop" button. Once the book is sent to your library, downloaded, and indexed it will function like a media resource.

Posts 7
Steve Hurd (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 4:48 PM

A number of the books in the Popular section on books.logos.com can be added to your Logos library by logging in and clicking the "Send to Logos Desktop" button. Once the book is sent to your library, downloaded, and indexed it will function the like a media resource.

We hope to have the entire collection available shortly.  They are in the process of all going up (very slowly) as we speak.  If you have any books in particular you are interested in, I'm more than happy to put them at the front of the queue!

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 4:58 PM

Right, but do they stay in your library even if your subscription expires?  I have noticed these books seem to all be public domain which is a plus.

How to upload logs

Posts 150
LogosEmployee
Todd White (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:15 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Right, but do they stay in your library even if your subscription expires?  I have noticed these books seem to all be public domain which is a plus.

They will not continue to be in your library at the end of the subscription. I'm not sure the exact details on the subscription price post 2 years.

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:26 PM

Todd White (Faithlife):

David Taylor Jr:

They will not continue to be in your library at the end of the subscription. I'm not sure the exact details on the subscription price post 2 years.

Thanks for the clarification Todd!

How to upload logs

Posts 13212
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:52 PM

OK, so I clicked "Send to Logos Desktop". It says it's been sent, but nothing's happened. What gives?

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 6:01 PM

Mark Barnes:

OK, so I clicked "Send to Logos Desktop". It says it's been sent, but nothing's happened. What gives?

I'm having the same issue.

How to upload logs

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 6:25 PM

Can confirm it worked for me. have you tried the usual: update now, and update resources?

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 13212
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 6:40 PM

abondservant:
have you tried the usual: update now, and update resources?

I have, but it didn't work.

What happened for you? Do these books show up in your library? Can you let us see a screenshot of what they look like.

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 6:52 PM

Certainly. I clicked "send to logos". Opened logos, clicked update now, and it downloaded 6.5mb.

In the updated books area (sorry couldn't get a screen cap of that with the snipping tool on my laptop - not fast enough with a touch pad) it showed that it had downloaded, so I clicked on it in the updated resources area, and it shows this:

anything you'd like me to try?

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 13212
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 6:57 PM

Interesting. Thanks.

There must be some bug that's preventing me from receiving it.

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 6:58 PM

It does show in the library, on the right shows whats searchable. but to be honest, I had a hard time finding it in the search results. I searched for a phrase, NEAR a word, and it brought up a handful of results, but none from this title. It may be my searching skills.

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:02 PM

Here it is at the page level, you can click big arrows at the bottom that let you move between the scanned images.

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:08 PM

Definitely not working for me.

How to upload logs

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS