Updated Feature: Notes

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 38 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1824
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 1:27 AM

Whoaa.. thanks buddy.

I didn't know we could do that.. is this like an un-announced feature of L6?

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 1:37 AM

mike:
I didn't know we could do that.. is this like an un-announced feature of L6?

Being able to underline with a shortcut - but there being no button - has been around for a long time.

See https://wiki.logos.com/Notes#Rich_Text_keyboard_shortcuts for a fuller list of notes shortcuts (and this info is also available in Logos help)

But I agree it seems strange that there isn't an underline button!

Posts 4621
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 1:47 AM

Graham Criddle:
But I agree it seems strange that there isn't an underline button!

I guess that it is because underlining on the screen tends to obscure text rather than enhance or emphasise it. You can see how, without controls on how far the underline is below the text it tends to blur the base of characters  and as you move to a second line the tops of characters get visually confused.

With a computer usually Bold is a better option for emphasis, Italic is another option (in most cases changing the colour would be available  :-) all without the legibility problems of underlining. Which is still there for those that want it but masked for those who should not be encouraged to use it.

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 1:50 AM

But yet an underline button is standard in rich text editing applications on Windows as well as Pages on iPad (I don't know about word processing software on Mac)

Posts 2810
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 7:52 AM

Ward Walker:
I hit the maximum limit of highlights that Logos 5 could handle per note file

Wow. That's impressive. I didn't even know that could be done.

You should apply for a job as a speech writer for Senators who plan to do a filibuster. Smile

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 6 2014 8:28 PM

Doc B:

Ward Walker:
I hit the maximum limit of highlights that Logos 5 could handle per note file

Wow. That's impressive. I didn't even know that could be done.

You should apply for a job as a speech writer for Senators who plan to do a filibuster. Smile

The full story of how big a note file could get:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/86349/612816.aspx#612816 

You can now get bigger, but Logos really recommends you don't.  I'm hoping to see some advanced Highlight file management features so moving highlights between files isn't massively manual.

Posts 1824
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 6 2014 9:05 PM

Can we have a button for underline please?

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 6 2014 11:06 PM

Quick Question: can one Print/Export notes in L6?

Posts 26248
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 12:33 AM

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4621
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 2:26 AM

mike:

Can we have a button for underline please?

Cmd+U

Posts 3173
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 3:33 AM

This is a step in the right direction- the need for a workable "notes" function has been a long time coming- thanks for the effort.

Three things- an "undo" option, a print function and a email function, just saying would be nice :)

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 6:39 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:
an "undo" option

Ctrl-Z (on Windows) provides a limited undo capability in Notes.

Posts 26248
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 1:21 PM

They come with a print/export function

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1824
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 2:46 PM

Mike Binks:

Cmd+U

Yes, but I still want my personal button. Surprise

Posts 3173
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 3:16 PM

basically thats what I'm asking for- buttons, buttons and more buttons:)

Posts 77
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2016 5:06 AM

"Notes" was said to be updated, but on the clickable link that comes here, and the latest post here until this one was in 2014..

I noticed fontsize in notes, while it says it's the same, in my case 10 point, it looks like it's 14 point. I wish there was a scale for notes, as in the settings you can adjust program scaling. I would like the same for notes because I have thousands of notes and don't feel like changing all the ones I've done so far to 8 point.

...or am I missing something

Posts 147
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 4:04 AM

Can someone explain to me how a file should appear if one attaches it to a Greek or Hebrew lemma in multiple places?  I like to attach good definitions of a particular word as a note file (The Zondervan Complete Word Study Dictionary is my favorite) so when I'm going through my text, I can see that I've already looked up the definition for that particular word and just hover over my note to read it. (This is also very handy when using Logos on an iPad)

Along comes L7 with the ability to attach a note to a Greek lemma.  "Sweet," I think, "now I can attach a definition at one lemma and have it show up in every place that particular lemma is used!"  So I have done that, but then after attaching a note to a lemma, when I search for that lemma and find it in the text (using the ESV), there is no indication that anything is attached to it.

So my question is, "what should the text look like when I attach a note to a Greek lemma in multiple places?"  Shouldn't there be a note indication at each lemma?

Thanks for any help/direction...

John

Posts 3658
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 5:57 AM

John Murphy:
So my question is, "what should the text look like when I attach a note to a Greek lemma in multiple places?"  Shouldn't there be a note indication at each lemma?

The note attachment will not show wherever the lemma is used as for instance, in original language resources (Hebrew/Aramaic OT, Greek NT, DSS, etc). It will show in resources that reference that lemma (mostly lexical resources) at the place where the entry starts (e.g., if you place one on logos you should see the attachment in Greek lexica under the corresponding entry).  

Posts 147
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 7:30 AM

Ah...I see.  Thanks for the clarification.  I appreciate it.

John

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS