Logos 5 to 6

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26
Scott P. Bushey | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:41 AM

I just purchased 5 less than 45 days ago; i was told that if I choose the upgrade to L6 from 5 I will lose a good number of resources that are not included in L6. Is this true? I was informed that I can upgrade instead, get the L6 engine at a later date and keep what I have as well as get the L6 package benefits.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Posts 4162
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:46 AM

For one, if a logos sales rep says it to you, I would believe it.

They are empowered to make their mistakes right should the need arise.

Upgrading doesn't mean you lose any resources, if you return your L5 package, and exchange it for an L6 package then yes you'd lose some resources.

You can upgrade at any time to L6 (and as long as you don't return your initial base package) you only gain and pay for those things you don't have.

The engine will be free soon, the L5 free engine took a couple weeks (maybe a few months) to be released - but was made available once the hoopla settled down.

You will never lose resources when you buy a new package. Only if you exchange, or return your old one. Which I wouldn't necessarily recommend.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 13423
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:47 AM

Scott P. Bushey:
I just purchased 5 less than 45 days ago; i was told that if I choose the upgrade to L6 from 5 I will lose a good number of resources that are not included in L6. Is this true? I was informed that I can upgrade instead, get the L6 engine at a later date and keep what I have as well as get the L6 package benefits.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. My understanding is that because you've only just bought L5, you have two options:

• Swap your L5 for L6. You'll lose some L5 resources if you do this (but gain the L6 ones).
  • Get a voucher entitling you to some of the L6 datasets. Your resources will stay exactly the same as they are, but you'll get some of the extra datasets that are now included in L6.

You should get an email shortly that explains these two options.

Posts 9156
LogosEmployee

Scott P. Bushey:
if I choose the upgrade to L6 from 5 I will lose a good number of resources

If you return Logos 5 and take Logos 6 instead, you will lose the Logos 5 resources.

If you upgrade from 5 to 6 (there may be a fee depending on how recently you purchased, and which level you're upgrading to), you will keep all your Logos 5 resources and add the Logos 6 resources.

Posts 2209
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:49 AM

Scott P. Bushey:

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Scott, you have a couple options:

1. You qualify for a special promotional code worth enough to get you the new features of Logos 6 that correspond to your base package level. For example, if you own Gold 5, you'd essentially get Feature Crossgrade (which has all the datasets and media of Gold) for free. You can also use this code to upgrade to a higher package. If you go this route, you'll keep everything in Logos 5 and gain the new stuff in Logos 6.
  2. You can return your Logos 5 package and exchange it for a Logos 6 package. If you go this route, you'll lose anything in 5 that's not in 6.

Hope this helps.

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:49 AM

I am in a similar boat though in my case, I did a Gold to Gold port. My L5 Gold was purchased about two weeks ago. Now, there is a $50 offer for base package purchases over $500. 

I am wondering whether I should return my L5 Gold, and buy L6 Gold instead. $50 Logos credit would be useful to me.

Posts 2209
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:52 AM

Geo Philips:

I am in a similar boat though in my case, I did a Gold to Gold port. My L5 Gold was purchased about two weeks ago. Now, there is a $50 offer for base package purchases over $500. 

I am wondering whether I should return my L5 Gold, and buy L6 Gold instead. $50 Logos credit would be useful to me.

You'll likely lose more than $50 in books if you return Gold. I don't think that's your best option.

Posts 26
Scott P. Bushey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:13 AM

"If you upgrade from 5 to 6 (there may be a fee depending on how recently you purchased, and which level you're upgrading to), you will keep all your Logos 5 resources and add the Logos 6 resources."

This looks like the route to go however, if I am not mistaken, in this option, I do not get the new 'engine', right?

Posts 2209
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:15 AM

Scott P. Bushey:
This looks like the route to go however, if I am not mistaken, in this option, I do not get the new 'engine', right?

You will definitely get the new engine.

Posts 26
Scott P. Bushey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:21 AM

Immediately? I was told by one of the reps that I don't get the new engine as of yet as Logos does not have that separate program yet to release.

Posts 25470
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:25 AM

Scott P. Bushey:

Immediately? I was told by one of the reps that I don't get the new engine as of yet as Logos does not have that separate program yet to release.

The free engine isn't available yet but is shipped with paid L6 purchases 

Posts 607
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:27 AM

Scott P. Bushey:

Yes, immediately. The Logos 6 engine is available today for customers who purchase a L6 base package, a L6 upgrade, or a L6 crossgrade. It will be made available for free in February.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:27 AM

Scott P. Bushey:

Sean posted this in another thread, where "updating" is getting the free engine update in February:

How about this view: any clearer?

Upgrading Crossgrading Updating
new Logos 6 core engine Yes Yes Yes
new Logos 6 datasets and media Yes Yes
new resources, larger library Yes

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 95
Jack Nørdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:07 PM

Dylan Rondeau:

Scott P. Bushey:

Sean posted this in another thread, where "updating" is getting the free engine update in February:

How about this view: any clearer?

Upgrading Crossgrading Updating
new Logos 6 core engine Yes Yes Yes
new Logos 6 datasets and media Yes Yes
new resources, larger library Yes

Even I can understand this Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS