BUG: Forum time stamp is off one hour

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:48 PM

Not that you'll have time (pun intended) to bother about this right now, but all posts show up as having been made in the future, presumably because we switched to winter time this weekend.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 32157
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:53 PM

We're still on daylight savings time to the best of my knowledge - we switch next week.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:00 PM

fgh:

Not that you'll have time (pun intended) to bother about this right now, but all posts show up as having been made in the future, presumably because we switched to winter time this weekend.

It happens every year - there's a gap between Europe changing clocks and North America. I always think that, in the great scheme of things, it's not of any great importance but it does niggle those of us who are fussy about these things: when I got to church yesterday I couldn't concentrate on anything else till I'd put the clocks back - it would have bothered me all morning to be looking at a clock that was an hour out! 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:02 PM

If I was elected King of the World, I'd outlaw daylight savings time everywhere.  And then abdicate.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 19217
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:19 PM

Todd Phillips:

If I was elected King of the World, I'd outlaw daylight savings time everywhere.  And then abdicate.

I like the time change in the fall, because I get an extra hour of sleep. But not in the spring. So if I were elected King of the World, I'd have us set the clocks back and hour every fall and spring, and never forward. Eventually it would get back to where it started, and we'd begin the cycle all over again. We live in a 24/7 world already anyway, and I live in a part of the world where it's dark out most of the time in the winter anyway, so I could deal with having my "day" be all during darkness for some stretches of time, if it would give me a 25-hour day every six months.

Posts 32157
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:56 PM

Todd Phillips:

Yes

Growing up daylight savings time meant that the stores changed their hours to match the sun not the clock. After all, no one could convince a cow or an apple tree that anything other than "sun time:" mattered.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 2:38 PM

Todd Phillips:

I'll vote for you to be King of the World.

The time changes take me weeks to get over. And I hate October until we do get back to proper time.

There's talk in the UK of having daylight saving time all year round (or having double DST in the summer). I suppose, if it is all year round, that get's rid of the changes I hate, but intellectually it's all wrong. Since I live very close to the Greenwich meridian, I should be on Greenwich/Universal Mean Time. If people want to get up earlier, why can't they do it without changing the clocks? Just change the TV schedules and everyone will follow the new timings.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 3:28 PM

MJ. Smith:
We're still on daylight savings time to the best of my knowledge - we switch next week.

That may be, but since my browser shows forum posts in Swedish time, they ought to show the correct Swedish time.

23 years ago I think I had to change my computer's clock manually twice a year. Those days are long gone. Today my computer knows better than I when to make the switch. Showing Sweden's time zone with Bellingham's switching schedule is silly, to say the least. But not exactly the highest priority on a day like this.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 32157
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 4:31 PM

My alarm clock is hard-coded to the old US schedule so I need to reset it 4 times a year to stay rightSad

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS